2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High beam assist is enabled on my 2019 Accord. Last night, I flashed my lights at an approaching car that did not dim its lights. The A icon, indicating that high beam assist is on, disappeared and stayed off. I thought that was odd, so I flashed the lights again when the road was clear. The A icon came back on. I tried this again, and found that pulling the light stalk back for a second turned the assist off, then another pull turned it back on. The manual says that holding the stalk back for 30 seconds will turn it on, holding for 40 seconds turns it off. That does work, but there is no mention of the fact that a simple flash of the lights does the same thing.

This is a very simple way of turning high beam assist on or off as needed.

Reactions: Keyboard

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks for the info. I checked the Owner's Manual and on page 199 it discusses disabling/enabling the AUTO HIGH BEAM feature. However, on page 198 it says you can temporarily turn off the feature the way you discovered. By "temporarily turn off" I take it to mean until the car is restarted. The manual states:

"If needed, you can temporarily turn the high beams off manually. Turn on the high
beams by pushing the lever forward until you hear a click, or flash the high beams
once by pulling the lever toward you. To turn the high beams back on, repeat one
of the procedures."​

Admittedly, I probably would have thought I screwed something up if I had done this before you pointed it out. So, thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I checked the Owner's Manual and on page 199 it discusses disabling/enabling the AUTO HIGH BEAM feature. However, on page 198 it says you can temporarily turn off the feature the way you discovered. By "temporarily turn off" I take it to mean until the car is restarted. The manual states:

"If needed, you can temporarily turn the high beams off manually. Turn on the high

beams by pushing the lever forward until you hear a click, or flash the high beams

once by pulling the lever toward you. To turn the high beams back on, repeat one

of the procedures."

Admittedly, I probably would have thought I screwed something up if I had done this before you pointed it out. So, thanks again for the info.
I don’t know how I missed that. I have the full manual, and read the section on the auto high beam ... that just never registered with me.

That does take some of the mystery out of this system. I had a hard time getting it to work when I first got the car, so that may have been a factor. Thanks for pointing that out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts