2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been loyal to the Honda badge my adult life.

Time to upgrade my 2009 Accord. It's had it's share of issues earlier than it should have (burning oil, and I'm out of the recall criteria for the 2008-2011's that have this issue). That's been disappointing.

Then I hear about the 1.5t oil dilution in the CR-V, which is what I wanted...until I've read how Honda has been evasive and very slow to address: that's scary.

I'm now looking at other brands, particularly Toyota or used Lexus for their reliability, but ever since the 2018 Accords came out and all the reviews beat Camry's, I have been seriously considering another Accord, the 2019.

Anyone going through the same dilemma regarding a new purchase and concerns over Honda QC? ...I know some have sold or traded in their 2018 Accords and it's too early to tell what the long-term reliability will be. The 2.0t's worry me a little bit, which is why I'm looking at the Camry V6's.

Cheers!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just bought a 2019 touring 2.0T two weeks ago. I'm fanatical about fit and finish. This is my first honda and I'm very impressed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just bought a 2019 touring 2.0T two weeks ago. I'm fanatical about fit and finish. This is my first honda and I'm very impressed.
Great. Keep us posted. May I ask what your OTD price was?
About $40,000. But i got a lot of accessories added on.

I have about 900 miles on it now. No issues. Still VERY happy with my decision.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a the Sport 2.0T (10AT). Got it back in April ($30k OTD) and have put about 10k miles on it so far. No issues to report. In fact, it's been great on the daily commute and on road trips. I've certainly enjoyed driving this iteration of the Accord more so than previous versions I've had, that's for sure.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been loyal to the Honda badge my adult life.

Time to upgrade my 2009 Accord. It's had it's share of issues earlier than it should have (burning oil, and I'm out of the recall criteria for the 2008-2011's that have this issue). That's been disappointing.

Then I hear about the 1.5t oil dilution in the CR-V, which is what I wanted...until I've read how Honda has been evasive and very slow to address: that's scary.

I'm now looking at other brands, particularly Toyota or used Lexus for their reliability, but ever since the 2018 Accords came out and all the reviews beat Camry's, I have been seriously considering another Accord, the 2019.

Anyone going through the same dilemma regarding a new purchase and concerns over Honda QC? ...I know some have sold or traded in their 2018 Accords and it's too early to tell what the long-term reliability will be. The 2.0t's worry me a little bit, which is why I'm looking at the Camry V6's.

Cheers!
I personally drove both vehicles back to back, with this new Accord before purchasing Vs the New 300+ HP Camry.
Just like I did with my first Accord back in 2016, Both times, back in 2016 and this years model (2018) the Toyota Camry always felt "Plastic" and my "knock on the dash" felt nothing but a Void and Plastic surface.

Accord all the way over the Camry, the only plus I could give the new Camry, the V6 Sounds nice but its nowhere as quick as the 2.0T in the accord.

Again, just my opinion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was a 23-year loyal Camry driver prepared to buy an Avalon last year when Toyota decided not to support Android users. Sounded like a minor point at first, but shopped around anyway. Bought a 2018 Accord 2.0T last March, am very pleased with it, and have had no QC issues. Still have a RAV4, but no plans to sell. So far, I've found QC issues a wash between Toyota and Honda.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts