2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I have begun the purchasing process of new speakers for my 2018 Touring. I plan on utilizing the stock 450 watt amp to power the new door/deck speakers. I bought the Infinity Reference REF-6530cx for the front as well as a Kicker center speaker. I have read numerous things about the rear deck speakers notoriously sucking on the Premium system, and unfortunately by design. With this in mind, is it worth replacing the rear deck speakers, or has anyone done this while using the stock amp?

If I do, I plan on replacing the speakers with Infinity Reference REF-6530ex which are coaxial speakers and leaving the stock tweeters on the rear deck as is, possibly even unplugging them.

In addition, I am unplugging the stock subwoofer and using the connection as a Line Out source to a power subwoofer to keep it simple.

Let me know if anyone has replace the rear deck speakers and if it is worth it at all on the stock 450 watt amp!

Thank you guys.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have, it's not worth it unless your going to amplify them. Don't waste your money. I would even suggest not to buy high end speakers for the front either if your not planning on an amp later. The only difference your going to hear is slightly less distortion at higher listening levels. But the replacement of the centre channel makes the most difference. I did the whole replace the speakers and keep the factory amp thing and it didn't improve sound very much. And our trunks really suck the bass out of aftermarket subs too. I took extream measures to get good sound out of this car. Here's my build if your interested ⬇

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have, it's not worth it unless your going to amplify them. Don't waste your money. I would even suggest not to buy high end speakers for the front either if your not planning on an amp later. The only difference your going to hear is slightly less distortion at higher listening levels. But the replacement of the centre channel makes the most difference. I did the whole replace the speakers and keep the factory amp thing and it didn't improve sound very much. And our trunks really suck the bass out of aftermarket subs too. I took extream measures to get good sound out of this car. Here's my build if your interested ⬇

What a build man, truly a work of art! And thank you for letting me know, makes sense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts