2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 2018 touring in July. I can’t list all the things that went wrong electronically. Been to service 5 times. They reset it and last for 2 days. Having to reset everything every time. Talked to corporate many times without results. Dealer today offer me a new accord for my car plus $5000! What a deal!

I’m so sick dealing with Honda. They are very good at sending me to another and putting me on hold but not solving my problem. You would think that they would want to have happy customer (11 Honda’s). This definitely my last one. I am tired of spending hours on the phone.

It has become a game starting the car wondering what will work today. I’ve had a case number for a month but I found out today that I was never assigned a case manager.

If this is the best Honda can produce, it is a sad company.

I am going to try to trade it in for a Subaru. They stand behind their cars that I know from personal experience with them.

I could drive to Marysville and try to give it back. I only live 100 miles from there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That sucks. I would guess that with a new model year this sort of thing is more likely to happen. I hope it is not indicative of quality across all cars. Honda should be stepping up on this - seems like you have proven this to be a significant build quality issue.

·
Registered
129 Posts
. . . . " You would think that they would want to have happy customer".

Are you serious???? They're offering you a new Accord PLUS $5,000 and you don't think they want you to be happy!!??

I've had similar scenarios with GM (twice) and BMW however - my 2018 Accord Touring 2.0T purchased in February has given me zero problems!

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
The issues you’re experiencing are unfortunate, but I’d drive 100 miles to receive $5K and a new car. They’re trying to make it right but it seems like there’s nothing they can do that would satisfy you.

You’re just going to lose more money if you trade it in...especially on a Subaru. Subaru stands behind their cars...unless it’s an STi. That car is a piece of junk with its outdated and inherent engine issues (ringland #4) that Subaru refuses to address.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sorry to hear that your issues have made you lose interest in the brand, but personally I think they are being pretty reasonable in addressing your concerns. If you've owned 11 other Honda's then surely you must know this isn't par for the course.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you serious? That is like saying I feel I did not give the dealership enough money. So here is $500.00 more. Mojo says I should feel better. Thanks Mojo, I will go right out and do that! I did have the notion that it was a $40,000 car. Silly me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just to clarify; The dealer will take back your defective Accord for a brand new vehicle (equivalent to what you purchased) and then give you $5,000.00 in addition to help alleviate the situation?

If that is correct and you're not satisfied with that resolution...what can the dealer possibly do to make you "happy?"

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey guys - I think we may all be misunderstanding the original poster. My reading of the original post is that the dealer wants the original poster to turn over his old car and, in addition, pay the dealer $5,000. I don't think the dealer is offering to give the original poster $5,000.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey guys - I think we may all be misunderstanding the original poster. My reading of the original post is that the dealer wants the original poster to turn over his old car and, in addition, pay the dealer $5,000. I don't think the dealer is offering to give the original poster $5,000.
Well that certainly makes a big difference.

OP, there is an easy solution to this. Call the Honda dealer and ask specifically for the contact information of the local Honda rep. This person is essentially the regional manager that oversees all Honda dealers in that particular region. Dealers never want customers to contact their rep. Once you speak with this person; A) file a complaint B) Tell them what you want to resolve the issue

Reps carry far more stroke than a GM at a dealership as they can dictate what a dealer must do to alleviate situations such as this.

Reactions: theheckers

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Abe I will try that as I have tried everything else.
The dealer did want $5000.00 plus my car for a new one.

·
Administrator
2,547 Posts
Thanks Abe I will try that as I have tried everything else.
The dealer did want $5000.00 plus my car for a new one.
New one as in another 2018 or a 2019? I would think the '19's should be coming out soon. Either way do as @Abe Froman posted (contact the dealers Honda rep). Good luck.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sorry OP, definitely misunderstood your post. There is no way that I would be shelling out money on top of a trade in, considering all the issues you've been having. Sounds like pretty miserable customer service to me. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Took my car to a different dealership. They called in a factory technician who hooked up his phone and no Apple play. Also couldn’t get The go home to work on the navigation. He ordered a new radio. Supposed to get it Thursday. Hope this is the fix. Honda corporate called me as I am known there after numerous calls and several rants. I literally have spent hours on the phone and being on hold or being transferred from one person to another. I had a case number for 3 weeks but was never assigned a case manager. I informed him when he called and he did apologize for Honda. He said that he hopes I am not soured on the Honda brand. They did give me a loaner car. So hopefully Thursday will be the end of the saga. Been a bad couple of weeks. My roof leaked and need to replaced the roof on the house and now I have to repair the ceiling in my living room.
The loaner car was a low End Accord, which made me glad I have the Touring.
By the way Abe, I tried 3 different dealerships and no one would give me the number???

·
Registered
169 Posts
Took my car to a different dealership. They called in a factory technician who hooked up his phone and no Apple play. Also couldn’t get The go home to work on the navigation. He ordered a new radio. Supposed to get it Thursday. Hope this is the fix. Honda corporate called me as I am known there after numerous calls and several rants. I literally have spent hours on the phone and being on hold or being transferred from one person to another. I had a case number for 3 weeks but was never assigned a case manager. I informed him when he called and he did apologize for Honda. He said that he hopes I am not soured on the Honda brand. They did give me a loaner car. So hopefully Thursday will be the end of the saga. Been a bad couple of weeks. My roof leaked and need to replaced the roof on the house and now I have to repair the ceiling in my living room.
The loaner car was a low End Accord, which made me glad I have the Touring.
By the way Abe, I tried 3 different dealerships and no one would give me the number???
Hopefully you get sorted out soon...Dealerships are bullshit. It doesn’t surprise me that they didn’t give the reps number out. They do NOT like customers talking to their reps. I’d still persist that you want to speak with this person. Make sure you get that contact info from the dealership you purchased the vehicle from.

Obviously make your experience known on that survey they constantly remind you of...that survey is pass or fail. Anything but 10s across the board is a fail to the dealership.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dihawk- If us17094 is correct in his interpretation of the original post then we feel you. Wording was not clear to me and many others. Mojo

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mojo: He is right. The dealer wanted me to give him my Accord + $5000 and then he would give a new Accord exactly like my ‘new’ Accord. He did say he was doing me a favor. I’ll be forever grateful to him but am not taking his ‘favor’. LOL

·
Registered
903 Posts
Not Sure Entirely - What's Going On

Mojo: He is right. The dealer wanted me to give him my Accord + $5000 and then he would give a new Accord exactly like my ‘new’ Accord. He did say he was doing me a favor. I’ll be forever grateful to him but am not taking his ‘favor’. LOL
First Up all Records Must be Documented .. In Writing , Your Writing as to what's Wrong !
Then all Copies Go to Honda ..
Honda's Reps - should be Filing You a Case Number , do You have a Case Number ?

Then If _ Not Resolved After 4 Repairs of same Thing ( This is where the Service Writers ) Could take You down the Oh , so Wrong Road ..
( As they call it " something " it isn't ) - Hence Why You need to Doc. in Writing . . This Slowly Drags out till it's Past the Time Line . .

Any Manufacture Building 20K Cars say in 9 Months is going to have 2-3 Complete Rejects , could Be Wiring Harness Got Pinched , Could Be
Bad Circuits - in the Vendor Supplied Hardware , 100's of Things could Go Wrong . .

Honda should be Wanting to Buy this "Lemon" If that's what it Turns Out to be - JUST to Find the True Issues !

Good Luck !:nerd:

More Accurate Time Lines & Documenting Each Issue - Needs Addressing ! Or ( Same Issue )

·
Registered
129 Posts

I get it now Dihawk, sorry for the mis interpretation. Good luck with the coming fix. If it's any consolation, I've had my 2.0T since Feb and have had zero issues.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That’s very unfortunate, I guess I should give props to my Dealer. My very first Accord, a 2015 base LX ended up having transmission failure towards the end of its first year at less than 8k. They took it back and put me in a 2016 Sport without ANY cost to me and on my original leased agreed monthly price.
0 Headaches.

Good luck with your issue mate, hope you get it all sorted out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Honda replaced my radio and worked great for one day. Same issues. Navigation won’t hold my home address, Apple play don’t work.

Got a call into my dealership. I hope they can fix it soon as we are going on a trip. Probably have to take the Subaru, very dependable.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts