2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have never seen this bar written up before so he goes. You can see compared to stock the difference is massive. Install was simple, was able to get one side on jack stands to get to both sides easily. The bolts are 12mm. It was a little tight on the hybrid because of this box shaped cat. I put all three bolts in but the rear right, snug up the left side bolts, then as you tighten the front right, it will slide into place and you can easily get last bolt in. The bar is pushing against that box cat, but the is no movement. I'm hoping they won't be extra rattles from it. Driving impressions coming shortly.

Driving impressions: The car is definitely more stable. Turn in is sharper and the body stays more stable during cornering. All of the pogo feeling from side to side seems to be gone now. The ride is actually more comfortable now than it was before. Looking at the rear chassis brace from them next. As of now I don't plan on lowering the car ever. I am looking into a front lip spoiler, and as is I already scrape the plastic lips that hang down under the front bumper. So the braces make for a perfect solution for me to improve the handling, and maintain ride comfort. I got this directly from their eBay store and the customer service from Malaysia is way better than whoever their American representative is that I talked to a couple years ago. Glad I decided to give them another shot.

Forgot to mention that yes with the hybrid touching the exhaust there is a little more noise under certain throttle/engine running conditions. It's the same light throttle instances that cause more noise from the upper hasport mount and had created similar noises as the lower mount would, deeper and slightly louder noise from the engine. There are no other noises so far from the bar being in contact. I could probably minimize it by wrapping it in a thermal wrap or blanket but doesn't really bother me.

Hood Automotive tire Gesture Automotive lighting Bumper

Tool Bicycle part Automotive exterior Composite material Bumper

Grey Wood Gas Automotive exterior Auto part

Tire Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive lighting Cloud

·
Registered
2021 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport
8 Posts
Nice. Where did you procure that brace at? I don't see it listed on their site, and I've tried to buy through Alek's Racing, but they never sent me an invoice to complete the transaction. So I was a bit suspect of that.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Got it from the ur eBay store. I believe the ad says it's for 2017. I sent emails to Aleks and throttle with no response.

Here you go..

·
Registered
2018 2.0T Touring
20 Posts
Have never seen this bar written up before so he goes. You can see compared to stock the difference is massive. Install was simple, was able to get one side on jack stands to get to both sides easily. The bolts are 12mm. It was a little tight on the hybrid because of this box shaped cat. I put all three bolts in but the rear right, snug up the left side bolts, then as you tighten the front right, it will slide into place and you can easily get last bolt in. The bar is pushing against that box cat, but the is no movement. I'm hoping they won't be extra rattles from it. Driving impressions coming shortly.

Driving impressions: The car is definitely more stable. Turn in is sharper and the body stays more stable during cornering. All of the pogo feeling from side to side seems to be gone now. The ride is actually more comfortable now than it was before. Looking at the rear chassis brace from them next. As of now I don't plan on lowering the car ever. I am looking into a front lip spoiler, and as is I already scrape the plastic lips that hang down under the front bumper. So the braces make for a perfect solution for me to improve the handling, and maintain ride comfort. I got this directly from their eBay store and the customer service from Malaysia is way better than whoever their American representative is that I talked to a couple years ago. Glad I decided to give them another shot.

Forgot to mention that yes with the hybrid touching the exhaust there is a little more noise under certain throttle/engine running conditions. It's the same light throttle instances that cause more noise from the upper hasport mount and had created similar noises as the lower mount would, deeper and slightly louder noise from the engine. There are no other noises so far from the bar being in contact. I could probably minimize it by wrapping it in a thermal wrap or blanket but doesn't really bother me.

View attachment 7274
View attachment 7273
View attachment 7272
View attachment 7275
So does this fit the 2018 and up models?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So does this fit the 2018 and up models?
Yes I believe the 10th gen came out in 17 in Malaysia, so that's why their ad says that. That is UR direct eBay store, that is where they are located. I verified fitment with them.

I'm more impressed with the bar than I thought I would be. The chassis on this vehicle is very strong and capable. The bar made of massive difference in the composure of the body because of this. I'm looking forward to the rear chassis brace. Hopefully it will give me a tiny bit more over steer as well. Soundproofing my center tunnel made a big difference in the noise. I'm also going to take the bar off and wrap it with some exhaust wrap on that side just to keep the bar nice and clean. That should further reduce the vibrations/noise in the cabin and keep the deeper sound from the outside.

Btw shipping was super fast. I had it in like 2 weeks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Vegashybrid, is this the rear brace that you are looking to get? For Honda Accord CV1 1.5T 2.0T (2WD) (LHD) 2017 Ultra Racing 4-PT Rear Lower Bar | eBay

Yes I believe the 10th gen came out in 17 in Malaysia, so that's why their ad says that. That is UR direct eBay store, that is where they are located. I verified fitment with them.

I'm more impressed with the bar than I thought I would be. The chassis on this vehicle is very strong and capable. The bar made of massive difference in the composure of the body because of this. I'm looking forward to the rear chassis brace. Hopefully it will give me a tiny bit more over steer as well. Soundproofing my center tunnel made a big difference in the noise. I'm also going to take the bar off and wrap it with some exhaust wrap on that side just to keep the bar nice and clean. That should further reduce the vibrations/noise in the cabin and keep the deeper sound from the outside.

Btw shipping was super fast. I had it in like 2 weeks.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Vegashybrid thanks for the write-up. I just ordered my bar.
Glad I could be of service

Still get a tiny bit of vibration in the body when it's cold still and the heater is on, part throttle ect. It's barely noticeable, and goes away after a couple minutes or so. It did not notice it the other day because I had used the remote start and the car was warm when I drove it. Really liking the bar.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts