2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use a USB flash drive with audio files in USB2 in my 2018 Accord touring 1.5. In cold weather, it can take up to 10 minutes to be recognized. In warm weather, it's fine. I've tried multiple brands of USB drives, all with the same result.

Any ideas why?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I use a USB flash drive with audio files in USB2 in my 2018 Accord touring 1.5. In cold weather, it can take up to 10 minutes to be recognized. In warm weather, it's fine. I've tried multiple brands of USB drives, all with the same result.

Any ideas why?
Don't know your definition of cold weather, but when I read your post I went out to my car and inserted my USB drive, Kingston 16 GB, and it started playing immediately. It was 33º.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This AM, it was about 25 F. I started the car, and it took about 10 minutes for the USB drive to be recognized. I parked for about an hour, and it started right up. Seems to be a problem only 1st thing in the morning. Very strange - I've tried multiple drives, removing it and re-inserting - nothing seems to help. When it doesn't want to play, it just doesn't.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Maybe a call to Honda In Car Tech support,888-528-7876 would provide some help but I suspect they will just tell you to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try calling honda - the dealer seems overwhelmed by all the automation when I mentioned it to them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts