2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys.

As I had to replace the right side both inner and outer tail lights, and the OEM were looking prerry boring to me, I decided to buy a complete set of aftermarket. From so many chinese design chef-d'oeuvres I decided that the least bad are the new smoked replica of the asian facelift model a.k.a. "V8". They have sequential turn signals and when switched on remind somehow the NSX tail lights shape.
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive lighting

I was also aware that there is a rubbish start on animation, which was supposed that can be turned off with the combination of brake pedal and turning on and off the lights several times and at the end releasing the brake pedal. There are lot of videos how to do it on YouTube. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me and the animation stays on.

Have some of you got these too? Did you manage to get rid of the animation? Any advice of proper execution of the animation switch off procedure is also welcome.

· Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
562 Posts
Those are pretty cool - if my V3's ever die out, I think I'll get a set of those! My V3's have animation too - it doesn't really bother me, most of the time I don't see it anyway...

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
V3 was my initial choice, before those came out at some time this year. I only slightly regret, that I didn't saw the V8 clear version, which in my opinion would look better on a light color car.

Otherwise the animation is way too "blink-blink" for my understanding and want to get rid of it. The only worse than this would be "Lambada" beeper melody on reverse light on.

· Registered
34 Posts
interesting. honestly i like how the OEM lights look, i just wish the interior lights would light up when i hit the brakes like how the touring lights work. i see with the V8, the interior lights on the trunk are lighting up. is this plug and play with sport models that dont have that extra brake light?

· Registered
6 Posts
interesting. honestly i like how the OEM lights look, i just wish the interior lights would light up when i hit the brakes like how the touring lights work. i see with the V8, the interior lights on the trunk are lighting up. is this plug and play with sport models that dont have that extra brake light?
Yes it’s plug and play. I actually swapped my rear harness for the touring tail lights and they worked on my new tail lights.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The asian oems are definately looking much better, but not three times better to make the price difference worth to me.

I got mine for less than USD 300 including shipping fee, VAT and customs clearence. The asian oems cost USD 975 net currently.

Besides, although they are OEM I didn't find them listed nowhere as OEM part with part number. By this I mean, if I have one piece broken from the set, I'll be probably not being able to find a substitute for it and I'll have to buy a whole new set. Again. Same is also valid for V8, but again - 300 vs 975.

is this plug and play with sport models that dont have that extra brake light?
Good question. I'm with touring and I probably have a hareness for the inner brake lights. The V8 indeed come with additional wire from the outer trough the inner lights which is needed for the sequential turn signals which is available on both inner and outer body, unlike my previous OEM, which have turn signal light only on the outer body.

· Registered
2022 Accord Sport 2.0
63 Posts
When you say Asian oems? What do they look like? Are they different than the US Market lights?

disregard- I just saw a image, man I would love to get my hands on some oem Asian taillights. I’m gonna go digging around to see if any available online. Maybe we can do a group buy is anyone is overseas. Aftermarket looks good but I just like the oem quality with the seals and stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts