2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

Valentine One install

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  MSMV1 
#1 ·
Just curious if anyone has tackled this. Trying to hardwire my V1 into the new ride. Does anyone know what power cable I can tap into up by the reading lights/sunroof switch area?

#8 ·
I don't recommend tapping at that area. Run the cable down the A-pillar and use the included hardwire power supply. Did you get a new Gen2?
I made a bracket to hold my detector that attaches between the headliner and the roof that is held in place by the visor clip.

#10 · (Edited)
The Gen2 is fantastic! I've had mine since early March. A little bit different of an experience over the Gen1.
The included suction cup mount works really well behind the dots above the mirror if you have a tint-band installed (Or use multiple layers of clear packaging tape to provide a smooth surface) but I had to change the windshield and decided that I didn't want to depend on a tint band anymore for the smooth surface.
Best location for reception is as high as you can get it.

You can also use 3m tape instead of the suction cups, etc. There's metal brackets with adhesive on them on Amazon, etc.

Below is mine stuck on with suction cups to some vynil tape I put over the dots for a while.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.