2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you put the seats from a 2018+ accord touring seats in a 2.0t sport and have the ventilated seats work

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
Have never been in the Sport model... was wondering do you have the buttons for the heated/ventilated seats in your console (see pic)?

Then it would have to be checked/confirmed that they were hooked up, then determine if the harness connections are under the seat. :unsure:

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
111 Posts
the sport has the heated seats. I'd be willing to bet the plug under the seat itself is there for the ventilated seats but isn't connected to anything as that motor/module wouldn't be there. easier to have the same harness for both and just not use the plug than to have two different harnesses during production...but i would look first. as far as the button on the console, you can lkely buy the console from the touring and swap it to have that button. i'd start digging under the seat to see if you have an unused connector before you dive too far in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the sport has the heated seats. I'd be willing to bet the plug under the seat itself is there for the ventilated seats but isn't connected to anything as that motor/module wouldn't be there. easier to have the same harness for both and just not use the plug than to have two different harnesses during production...but i would look first. as far as the button on the console, you can lkely buy the console from the touring and swap it to have that button. i'd start digging under the seat to see if you have an unused connector before you dive too far in.
Well hopefully there is because the honda accord 2.0t sport may be my first car

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
The same harness in all models to you and me would be the easy way to do it but can't remember specifically what it was but remember someone was wanting to upgrade a particular item and thought the harness connection were there but they weren't. I never felt the need to research each model specific harness' but it would be prudent to check/confirm that the connections were there before purchasing/attempting to upgrade to what another model has.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The same harness in all models to you and me would be the easy way to do it but can't remember specifically what it was but remember someone was wanting to upgrade a particular item and thought the harness connection were there but they weren't. I never felt the need to research each model specific harness' but it would be prudent to check/confirm that the connections were there before purchasing/attempting to upgrade to what another model has.
Agreed, what makes sense to us doesn't make sense to a manufacturer every time. I started looking into this some on Friday but I wasn't able to find any good info with the time I had. if the OP is still looking I would spend some more time finding some info this.

·
Registered
111 Posts
what I was able to find is that the seat harness for the touring is 81606TVAL31 and the same harness for the sport would be 81606TVAA31 as well as the vehicle floor harness for the touring being 32107TVCA30 and the sport being 32107TVCA00. each harness is one digit off and I can't find whether that digit signifies that it has/doesn't have a specific connector. you may be able to find a good honda parts department who can break it down for you, but your harnesses on both the seat and body side are both off by a single digit.

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
Agreed, what makes sense to us doesn't make sense to a manufacturer every time. I started looking into this some on Friday but I wasn't able to find any good info with the time I had. if the OP is still looking I would spend some more time finding some info this.
what I was able to find is that the seat harness for the touring is 81606TVAL31 and the same harness for the sport would be 81606TVAA31 as well as the vehicle floor harness for the touring being 32107TVCA30 and the sport being 32107TVCA00. each harness is one digit off and I can't find whether that digit signifies that it has/doesn't have a specific connector. you may be able to find a good honda parts department who can break it down for you, but your harnesses on both the seat and body side are both off by a single digit.
In our minds it would be easier with all the harness's being the same and just things that weren't particular to the model not being connected. However, when they are making thousands of cars and not having wires/connectors that aren't needed could end up being a significant cost savings. Just makes me wonder if they have certain days of making certain models to eliminate the mix up of having the wrong harness in the wrong car. IMO that would be easier than having to check each build sheet as it comes down the assembly line to pick which harness is needed.... the more I think about it with all the automation in the process of the build those assembling the cars are probably not picking parts they are automatically picked/provided. :unsure:

·
Registered
111 Posts
the more I think about it with all the automation in the process of the build those assembling the cars are probably not picking parts they are automatically picked/provided. :unsure:
You're probably not far off. I would imagine the cost of the connector to them is probably minimal for the time saved for either a person or a machine to grab the correct part. from there you get into the idea that they very well could have separate lines for each trim! either way, OP should check under his seat for excess plugs before jumping into all this. Past experience leads me to believe they'll be there as I've had plenty of manual seat honda's with connectors for power seats stashed under the seat/carpet.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've heard they're uncomfortable because the padding on the seat is reduced for the sake of ventilation. But ventilated seats in the upcoming texas summer sound pretty good to me...
My wife's Tucson has them along with the heated steering wheel and they've spoilt me a little, especially on the hotter summer days. When I get in my car I feel like I'm missing out.

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
I've heard they're uncomfortable because the padding on the seat is reduced for the sake of ventilation. But ventilated seats in the upcoming texas summer sound pretty good to me...
I've only been in/driven the Touring model (which has heated/ventilated seats) so can't speak to any difference. I have read some have complained about the seat bottom not being as comfortable (don't remember if their cars had heated/ventilated seats or not though) as they would like. I don't find my seat to be uncomfortable and do appreciate the heated/ventilated seats when they are used. The benefit IMO of the ventilated seat is to have air movement between your body and the seat material... you don't really feel the air moving what you do notice is where your body contacts the seat material not getting sweaty/tacky.
My wife's Tucson has them along with the heated steering wheel and they've spoilt me a little, especially on the hotter summer days. When I get in my car I feel like I'm missing out.
They will definitely spoil you. (y) I also added the heated steering wheel to my car which makes a big difference during the cooler/cold months.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've only been in/driven the Touring model (which has heated/ventilated seats) so can't speak to any difference. I have read some have complained about the seat bottom not being as comfortable (don't remember if their cars had heated/ventilated seats or not though) as they would like. I don't find my seat to be uncomfortable and do appreciate the heated/ventilated seats when they are used. The benefit IMO of the ventilated seat is to have air movement between your body and the seat material... you don't really feel the air moving what you do notice is where your body contacts the seat material not getting sweaty/tacky.
Yeah, I can't say for sure either. It's just something I've seen a fair amount of complaints about. I'd be willing to sacrifice some minor seating comfort for the comfort the added cool air movement would give me. 105 degrees with black seats is no joke!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Keep in mind for the time, expense, and effort...the effect of the Gen X touring ventilated seats is minimal... do they work? Yes. Do they work well and super noticeable? No... I have them, and I was very excited at the idea- but they’re merely ‘better than nothing’

·
Registered
111 Posts
Keep in mind for the time, expense, and effort...the effect of the Gen X touring ventilated seats is minimal... do they work? Yes. Do they work well and super noticeable? No... I have them, and I was very excited at the idea- but they’re merely ‘better than nothing’
This is the most valuable thing anybody has said on this post haha thanks for that info.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
250 Posts
That's definitely useful! I drove a rental Caddy CTS in Hawaii a couple of years ago - it had ventilated seats (first time experience for me) and they worked pretty darn good. Between that and the AC, sometimes I just wanted to sightsee from inside the car... haha. My wife's lease Lexus ES300h also has ventilation - she likes it but I haven't driven it enough in hot/humid weather to gauge how good it is for myself...

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
For some stupid reason that strikes me as funny - considering you're retired FF... :D
Until I drove a car w/a heated steering wheel didn't realize how much difference they make. As I've gotten older my tolerance for heat & cold have diminished... either that or I've gotten smarter in my old age and realize I don't have to tolerate being uncomfortable. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts