2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone new to the forum but have been lurking for a while. Wanted to see if anyone has had this issue after installing the PRL HVI or PRL Intercooler. Just had a shop install both the other day but didn't notice until I was almost home and the shop closed that my car had hard/loud vibrations that I've never noticed before. Just at idle mainly while in drive at a red light. Almost every time with the air unit turned on. In Park it seems to go away. The car did seem like it was staying gears longer and shifting kind of hard when I first picked it up but thought maybe it was due to the increase airflow from the parts but as of today seems like that is back to normal. Just want to be able to tell the shop what to look out for before bringing it to their attention.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any update on this ? I just installed my intercooler and now I notice a vibration slightly in drive and a lot more in reverse.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0t
126 Posts
I haven't installed an intercooler on mine yet, but the only thing that should cause that would be metal to metal. Could possibly be a minor alignment issue ? Like I said I haven't installed one as of yet but theres no other reason it should case vibrations

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree, I had one person comment on post I made in fb group saying they felt it when reversing and breaking same as me but went away I’m gonna have to re check everything I know it’s bigger so could just be touching something

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0t
126 Posts
I agree, I had one person comment on post I made in fb group saying they felt it when reversing and breaking same as me but went away I’m gonna have to re check everything I know it’s bigger so could just be touching something
Ok cool let us know if you get it sorted

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a PRL HVI for 4 months and just installed the PRL Intercooler recently. No vibrations that I’ve noticed yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a PRL HVI for 4 months and just installed the PRL Intercooler recently. No vibrations that I’ve noticed yet.
I’ve had hvi for while and nothing yet but only thing I’ve changed since yesterday was intercooler so it has to be maybe touching something idk as long as no light comes on should be fine

·
Registered
172 Posts
I’ve had hvi for while and nothing yet but only thing I’ve changed since yesterday was intercooler so it has to be maybe touching something idk as long as no light comes on should be fine
Yeah as said it’s big and possibly touching somewhere. May need to readjust it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any update on this ? I just installed my intercooler and now I notice a vibration slightly in drive and a lot more in reverse.
Been gone for a while. No updates yet haven’t had time been on call for the past few weekends. I should have some time this weekend to go get it checked out I’ll let you know what they say.

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
80 Posts
I’m guessing it’s the Intercooler. Try some weather stripping. Tommy Penguin on here did it and it helped. I have both but I have heard of people having this issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update!!! It was the intercooler not seated properly so it had some play in it and was hitting metal causing the noise.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts