2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up everyone!
I’m a new owner of a 2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5 model. I bought the car used with 44k miles. Now with over 50k I’m looking to change out my wheels and tires. (Tires are summer tires).
My main concern is I’m not finding much on the stock wheel with tire weight. Every time I feel I find it someone else says other wise. My plan is to do Vossen HF-3 with Michelin’s. I hear Vossens are heavy but the HF3 is about 27lbs it looks like and the Michelin’s come in at about 26. Would this be a problem? My next question is offset. I’m keeping it stock height so is it wise to steer off the stock 50+ offset of the stocks wheels? (I’m terrible with learning offset)
finally my stock set will be for sale at some point if anyone is interested in making an offer.
Thanks in advance, I did try the search function and couldn’t find what I was looking for specifically.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Are you concerned about the weight of the wheels? Stock wheels and tires are a little under 60 if I remember correctly. No, there will be no problem with you getting Vossens and Michelins. What size are the wheels you are planning to get? I can help you sort this out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you concerned about the weight of the wheels? Stock wheels and tires are a little under 60 if I remember correctly. No, there will be no problem with you getting Vossens and Michelins. What size are the wheels you are planning to get? I can help you sort this out.
Appreciate the response. I just noticed I left size out. I’m going to stick with the 19”.
what are your thoughts about Vossens? They have seemed like they changed a lot over the years from what I have been reading so far.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Vossen is fine. Just depends on your budget and preference, really. I stick with JDM brands like Advan, SSR, Rays etc.

If you're sticking with stock height, I think I would go with 19x9+45 or anywhere around that range. I think anything above +45 offset on stock height would just poke (wheel past fender). Then with tires I would go with 255/35. There won't be any rubbing issues with fender or wheel well.

For reference, I'm on 19x9.5+38 on 265/35.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vossen is fine. Just depends on your budget and preference, really. I stick with JDM brands like Advan, SSR, Rays etc.

If you're sticking with stock height, I think I would go with 19x9+45 or anywhere around that range. I think anything above +45 offset on stock height would just poke (wheel past fender). Then with tires I would go with 255/35. There won't be any rubbing issues with fender or wheel well.

For reference, I'm on 19x9.5+38 on 265/35.
View attachment 7323 View attachment 7322
Wow the car looks great! I definitely don’t want to poke I like the flush look. I’m actually going to look into some of the brands you mentioned. I always gravitated to vossen but always here mixed reviews on them so never pulled the trigger. So weight really isn’t that much of a big deal on these cars I guess ? Stocks are close to 60lbs give or take total with both wheel and tire?

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you're not going with performance, then weight isn't much of a factor since stocks are heavy to begin with. Yes, almost 60 for both wheel and tire give or take a few. On mine the tire is 27lbs and wheel is 18lbs each so I'm saving quite a few on each corner.

I had Rays before, currently on SSR and I ordered some Advan GT's a few months back. Only issue with these brands are that they're special order and it takes months to get unless you get lucky and the place you order from has em in stock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're not going with performance, then weight isn't much of a factor since stocks are heavy to begin with. Yes, almost 60 for both wheel and tire give or take a few. On mine the tire is 27lbs and wheel is 18lbs each so I'm saving quite a few on each corner.

I had Rays before, currently on SSR and I ordered some Advan GT's a few months back. Only issue with these brands are that they're special order and it takes months to get unless you get lucky and the place you order from has em in stock.
I appreciate all the information. Before I pull the trigger I’m going to continue on researching a little more and look into the brands you mentioned.
thanks for the advice and info 🤙🏻

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.