2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my vehicle got totalled out at just over 11,600 miles. I was in stop and go traffic and got rear ended on Sacramento on 80, I'd estimate I got hot at 55 to 60 mph. I'm looking to purchase another. I was getting great has mileage. Debating if I should wait for the 2019, I saw the Insight has smoked taillights and it would be nice on the Accord.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
So sorry to see this. Glad that you were not hurt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Concussion and major whiplash, could of been worse. You guys are all in a safe vehicle the car did what it was suppose to do, 911 was called immediately by the Accord and I think it steered itself to safety, I blacked out don't remember how I got over to the center median.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Really sad to see this, especially so early on. I'm assuming the person that hit you just wasn't paying attention? Glad to hear all the safety systems worked properly. Take proper care of that concussion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife got a 2018 Accord Hybrid EX-L and had just filled up for the first time (dealer filled it initially) when she got rear-ended by a high school kid in a big pickup truck. Totaled the car but she was OK; minor whiplash. When the insurance check was processed, could only find her a 2018 Accord Hybrid Touring in the same color. It doesn't get as good MPG.

Hope you feel better!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all, I ended up picking up another 2018 Accord Hybrid Touring in Black. For sure not getting the MPG's as I was getting before. I think I noticed my MPG's go up after the first oil change in my last car. I'm at just 8k miles so hopefully they get up there soon. I do notice a lot more engine noise when idle, backup camera has impurities in the glass and some noise from the driver side window. I'll get them all fixed at my first oil change.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts