2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a red ‘20 Accord Sport 2.0 10at last Saturday. 1 week of loving the car so far. This weekend we had extensive rains in my area of Florida. Drove the car Sunday and wife noticed a sloshing sound of water. We stopped and started for 15 minutes but could not pinpoint where the water was trapped at. Oh well, I figured with all the rain and since it was going to dealer today to remove a ding I found( when purchased) I would ask about noise. Then before leaving I found water soaked on the floorboard of the rear passenger side. Several hours later I have a loaner and am told that the a.c. evaporator bowl is cracked and the water never made it down the drain tube, through the floor pan, and onto the ground. Instead for the past week it has been slowly running down the floor board below the dash and collecting under the carpet. Went to get my sunglasses out of it in the service area and they had the seats, console and carpet out of it and sitting on the floor. bare floor pan exposed. Son of a .....Not looking for answers only venting cuz I love this car and cant believe at a week old it’s already had to be torn apart. Got the windows tinted, have weather tech mats ready to drop in, they are removing pinstripe and dealer sticker. Was gonna get it ready for a nice ceramic coat, but now this...

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
It's unfortunate this happened but it shouldn't be a concern regarding the car being disassembled. If done correctly with the right (pry) tools on trim panels everything should snap back together w/no issues. The panels are brand new and are less likely to break as what would be a concern w/an older car w/dried out brittle panels.

We've had a member disassemble the interior of the car just to sound deaden it (see here) w/o issues. If you look at my signature all my OEM accessories were added by dealer prior to delivery with some of them requiring a lot of disassembling of the car.

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
Thanks for the encouraging words, still a lil disheartening . Hopefully they do a top notch job.
One thing to your advantage is you have seen your car during this repair so you will know what has been removed, and be able to view all these areas when they are done to assure they have been replaced correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts