2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
181 - 185 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hasport 62a upper mount. Interesting engine tone now. It's still very quiet, tiny bit more vibration when the engine is running, but if you had not driven it beforehand you wouldn't know. When the engine is running, it's a tiny bit louder, but expect that to quiet back down ones the mount breaks in. Should be interesting to see how many miles that takes with the hybrid. Much less slop between accelerator pedal and forward motion now. I didn't expect it to make as big of a difference as it did with the hybrid, especially in sport mode.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2018 2.0 6MT San Marino Red
23 Posts
Hasport 62a upper mount. Interesting engine tone now. It's still very quiet, tiny bit more vibration when the engine is running, but if you had not driven it beforehand you wouldn't know. When the engine is running, it's a tiny bit louder, but expect that to quiet back down ones the mount breaks in. Should be interesting to see how many miles that takes with the hybrid. Much less slop between accelerator pedal and forward motion now. I didn't expect it to make as big of a difference as it did with the hybrid, especially in sport mode.
After driving with it installed for about a week, I retorqued the upper mount and noticed less vibration. Pretty surprising that it settles / breaks in as much as it did. This was before installing the lower mount at the time.

What about the lower mount, does Hasport's match the hybrid? Others warned me that mounts have broken in the past from replacing just the upper instead of both, but the lower did add a noticeable vibration at idle with the 2.0 (mainly with AC kicked on).

Assuming you rarely drive the car aggressively, I bet you can get away with it. If you wanted to be safe, though, maybe poly-fill the stock lower mount?

·
Registered
590 Posts
After driving with it installed for about a week, I retorqued the upper mount and noticed less vibration. Pretty surprising that it settles / breaks in as much as it did. This was before installing the lower mount at the time.

What about the lower mount, does Hasport's match the hybrid? Others warned me that mounts have broken in the past from replacing just the upper instead of both, but the lower did add a noticeable vibration at idle with the 2.0 (mainly with AC kicked on).

Assuming you rarely drive the car aggressively, I bet you can get away with it. If you wanted to be safe, though, maybe poly-fill the stock lower mount?
That break in is normal with most aftermarket mounts/bushings. Should not have had to retorque too much.
I was told by Hasport that it's the lower mount is the same, called them directly couple months ago. The vibrations/noise were very noticable when the car goes into what I call aggressive engine mode. This is usually what you hear people complain about the hybrid sounds like the engine is running hard even sitting at a light. It usually only lasts 5-10secs or so, and I was doing things today to try and make it do that ( ac on, sport mode on at light to charge battery more). Some light throttle applications and certain speeds like 40-45 mph it's noticable, but after 45 nothing. The rest of the time it's barely noticeable.
Whoever told you that is completely false. Maybe if you had a very high hp vehicle yeah, but that's not the case. Now it will very likely accelerate the wear of the mount you didn't change, because the rubber is flexing more than it was, but it's not going to just up and break (unless it was going bad already and needed replacement).
I had the top mount poly filled on my white car and the difference between that and this Hasport one is night and day. It's really not worth it for me to get under there take it out, fill it, wait almost a week, then replace it. The difference it made compared to the Hasport is minimal, and the mounts aren't that expensive.
I drove the car in sport mode today, probably put about 70miles on it. That's really the first time I have done that. I use it to merge on the freeway or something really quick sometimes, but then turn off sport and go back to normal mode. So no I don't really drive it aggressive like that. I'll take some corners and switchbacks fast, but I'm pretty good with the throttle pedal on this car. Really I did it today mostly to break the mount in a little. Based on how long it took for the undercoating cosmoline to burn off, I'm thinking it's going to take about 3k miles on the hybrid for the mount to fully break in.
I'm actually very surprised at how much it helped, even when the engine is charging the battery it helped with the acceleration. This means the engine movements even when charging the hybrid battery is effecting the rest of the drivetrain more than I thought it was. It helped a tremendous amount when flooring it from a roll. A lot less lag now from time you put the pedal to floor translating into forward motion. I'll probably do the lower mount eventually, because knowing me I'll get bored and want to mod something, but have a couple other things to do on the car that are bigger priority to me right now. Especially since this one made such a big difference. Very happy with it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Bumper protectors finally came two and half months later. Thankful came after I got rid of my white one! Might have to redo the backing takye in the inner one as you can see I have it weighed down it's not sticking well in two areas. I'll put some gorilla glue backing tape on it won't go anywhere.
Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

181 - 185 of 185 Posts