2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
201 - 220 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Thanks. I've thought about it but for now sort of like the contrast. I have some more cf bits coming. The Akasaka spoiler I order was supposed to be cf.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Does FireDood have to remind you for a link every time you find something cool???!!! :mad:

:D
Just trying to save you money lol.....

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
459 Posts
Mini dot LEDs. Some under the rear seats need to be repositioned....
These look awesome. I couldn't do the one in the storage pocket like that though. Idk what it is but if thats open while I'm driving around it drives me crazy. But the glow from in there across the console looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
755 Posts
These look awesome. I couldn't do the one in the storage pocket like that though. Idk what it is but if thats open while I'm driving around it drives me crazy. But the glow from in there across the console looks pretty cool.
When I'm out at night and to see/read something in the cabin, the bright LEDs in my map light's overhead are just too much sometimes so that's what these are for. I don't drive with them on all the time.

·
Registered
459 Posts
When I'm out at night and to see/read something in the cabin, the bright LEDs in my map light's overhead are just too much sometimes so that's what these are for. I don't drive with them on all the time.
Ahhh makes sense! yeah the LED's get bright, I just swapped mine for LED's a couple weeks go. You've always got the best electrical/lighting ideas but I can't keep up with half the stuff you do ahah

·
Registered
755 Posts
Ahhh makes sense! yeah the LED's get bright, I just swapped mine for LED's a couple weeks go. You've always got the best electrical/lighting ideas but I can't keep up with half the stuff you do ahah
Lol. I put two under the seat but need to readjust the angle. I believe that's all I'm doing at this point, custom box will be done by a shop. I just said to myself when doing that and the floor was "I'm not f-ing tearing this thing apart again" lol. Really only torn this one apart twice, but combined with the white car feels like way more!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Lol. I put two under the seat but need to readjust the angle. I believe that's all I'm doing at this point, custom box will be done by a shop. I just said to myself when doing that and the floor was "I'm not f-ing tearing this thing apart again" lol. Really only torn this one apart twice, but combined with the white car feels like way more!
It sure does seem like a lot lol but its all been worth it from the looks of it.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
457 Posts
Adapter Gadget Adapter Font Audio equipment

Bit the bullet and bought the Sprint Booster V3 unit (pictured next to some 39mm poker chips and a Sacagawea dollar for size comparison). Installed it earlier in the afternoon (pretty simple, took about 15 min, including a 10 min wait time for the car's ECU/electronics to stabilize) but haven't driven it yet. Have some driving to do around LA tomorrow so I hope to be able to give some feedback/feelings tomorrow afternoon/night...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Pretty cool you can set different colors!
Yeah! Just a kit I bought with some O'Reilly's gift cards but its pretty cool. The app you download lets you set each of the 4 strips to its own color so I've got green and red up front and then I did red behind me and green behind the passenger to give it a checkerboard kind of effect. The kids love it lol

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
457 Posts
Car Vehicle Automotive mirror Automotive design Hood

Ok, so not the greatest day to test out any driving characteristic mods!

Very brief initial impressions - I like it so far. Huge change to throttle response vs pedal travel - gets rid of a lot of delay in both ECO (especially) and Standard (D) (didn't try it in Sport yet). The SB should help me figure out how much delay is due to throttle body/plate settings and how much is due to turbo lag.

I started off in SPORT (green) 5 and clicked it down to 3 and up to 9 while driving around. Am keeping it at S9 for now but will be playing with that more later. Didn't try RACE (red) today and didn't try any of the other features (pedal lock, valet mode).

So far:
Pros - MUCH less delay (you don't have to push the pedal as far and/or wait as long to get response)
easy to install
multi-feature
tiny footprint
looks good
easy to use

Cons - kinda pricey! alternative products can be up to 1/5 the cost (comparing $ only)

The idea of just driving around in Honda SPORT mode all the time instead of adding an aftermarket throttle controller had previously been mentioned. I like the response of SPORT mode but I don't always want some of the other settings while I'm just toodling around - e.g. in SPORT, the car keeps the revs up and if you're slowing down and off the gas, it will "downshift and rev match" every gear on the way to a stop, feels like all the time. For me, I wanted the pedal response/sensitivity all the time but not the rest of the "aggressiveness" all the time... YMMV...

201 - 220 of 232 Posts