2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
221 - 232 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
View attachment 7297

Ok, so not the greatest day to test out any driving characteristic mods!

Very brief initial impressions - I like it so far. Huge change to throttle response vs pedal travel - gets rid of a lot of delay in both ECO (especially) and Standard (D) (didn't try it in Sport yet). The SB should help me figure out how much delay is due to throttle body/plate settings and how much is due to turbo lag.

I started off in SPORT (green) 5 and clicked it down to 3 and up to 9 while driving around. Am keeping it at S9 for now but will be playing with that more later. Didn't try RACE (red) today and didn't try any of the other features (pedal lock, valet mode).

So far:
Pros - MUCH less delay (you don't have to push the pedal as far and/or wait as long to get response)
easy to install
multi-feature
tiny footprint
looks good
easy to use

Cons - kinda pricey! alternative products can be up to 1/5 the cost (comparing $ only)

The idea of just driving around in Honda SPORT mode all the time instead of adding an aftermarket throttle controller had previously been mentioned. I like the response of SPORT mode but I don't always want some of the other settings while I'm just toodling around - e.g. in SPORT, the car keeps the revs up and if you're slowing down and off the gas, it will "downshift and rev match" every gear on the way to a stop, feels like all the time. For me, I wanted the pedal response/sensitivity all the time but not the rest of the "aggressiveness" all the time... YMMV...
So I know this sounds weird but is there a setting with no modification the opening of the throttle pedal and simply eliminating the throttle lag?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Set down a deposit on a '22 2.0 Sport Accord. Will be picking up in two weeks. The market is already insane and we're just a few weeks in to the year.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
457 Posts
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light

Finally got my lazy ass to empty the trunk and check the spare (haven't checked it since I put it in there, maybe a year or so ago?) - it was down to 22psi so I put it back up to 40. Also did the rest of the tires, they had all dropped to 30 (weird how they were all the same) so I put them back up to 35...

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
457 Posts
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper

B17 service at the dealer (I have a friend who is a service advisor + I'm lazy!) and had them also install the Hasport upper and lower torque mounts.

Initial impressions - as others have reported, there's a noticeable increase in vehicle vibration. With very light throttle, the vibration increases at off-idle and then "settles down" (or more likely is being masked) once the car gets under way. The hood vibrates more and probably an auditory illusion but the PRL downpipe sounds louder now too (haha). Haven't pushed it to see how much it helps with wheel hop, will add more later...

·
Registered
755 Posts
View attachment 7477

B17 service at the dealer (I have a friend who is a service advisor + I'm lazy!) and had them also install the Hasport upper and lower torque mounts.

Initial impressions - as others have reported, there's a noticeable increase in vehicle vibration. With very light throttle, the vibration increases at off-idle and then "settles down" (or more likely is being masked) once the car gets under way. The hood vibrates more and probably an auditory illusion but the PRL downpipe sounds louder now too (haha). Haven't pushed it to see how much it helps with wheel hop, will add more later...
No not your imagination, you will get more engine noise with stiffer mounts. Should really help wheel hop and traction.

Put these protectors on. Should help with minimizing the pitting from the soft paint.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Grille Wheel Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Hood

Many colors to choose. I also suggest with these pieces, and most exterior pieces you add extra heavy duty backing tape to them before installing.

Edit: forgot to mention I did the eyelid below the headlights with the cf too. I also tried some covers that go over the chrome trim above the fog lights and highly recommend avoiding those. They don't fit right and I returned them along with the aluminum paddle shifter add ons/overlays that also don't fit. I also added a throttle controller from Amazon that was only$70 and does everything a Sprint Booster or similar device does for a fraction. More on that in a separate write up soon.

·
Registered
755 Posts
That CF looks great on your blue, VH!
Ty. Yeah I'm really liking the contrast too. Going to wait on the front spoiler now as this kit is a little mix of that, and still worried about scraping a spoiler up. I'm sort of glad my Akasaka spoiler came in glossy black instead of cf because I think it's would be too much. A little too boy racer. Considering either wrapping or getting the spoiler body color painted since no one want it. In also looking at the rear bumper overlay/lower spoiler, but don't like how most attach.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Set down a deposit on a '22 2.0 Sport Accord. Will be picking up in two weeks. The market is already insane and we're just a few weeks in to the year.
My sales guy had informed me that my car had arrived one week ahead of schedule. I guess, they're good with "managing expectations" lol

Traded in my '21 Sport 1.5 ( San Marino Red ) for '22 Sport 2.0 ( Lunar Silver ). This was yesterday. My first impression was "wow! the red Accord's looks is more exciting!" lol

Cloud Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Cloud

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
459 Posts
My sales guy had informed me that my car had arrived one week ahead of schedule. I guess, they're good with "managing expectations" lol

Traded in my '21 Sport 1.5 ( San Marino Red ) for '22 Sport 2.0 ( Lunar Silver ). This was yesterday. My first impression was "wow! the red Accord's looks is more exciting!" lol
Then you drive it and say "wow! the silver Accord's drive is more exciting!" and you forget about the color lol enjoy it!

221 - 232 of 232 Posts