FINALLY got the window chrome deleted. Gloss black 3M wrap. Hired it out since I tried and failed. Black has a little texture to it, not 100% smooth like the pillars, but really close.
View attachment 4244View attachment 4245
I added remote start today by having the locksmith come out and program my remote start key and I made some all weather mats for the front of the car. I bought two indoor/outdoor mats from the home store and traced the original mats onto them and cut them out. I don’t get ice or snow where I live so there really just mat savers.
I installed infinity reference components in the front and rear of my Sport 1.5. Many say it is not worth it to put components in the rear deck too, but I firmly believe it is after having coaxial speakers in the rear. They are being powered by the deck but I was able to get them to sound louder than the OEM speakers and retain the mid bass.
I soldered every last one of the connections, even at the cross overs so there no resistance, maximum signal transfer and power flow.
I do not recommend this but I did this my 2017 civic, and now my accord sport, I replaced the 15 amp audio fuse under the hood with a 30 amp and it makes a huge difference in the performance of the speakers. I don’t feel the need to ad an amp.
The last thing I am going to do is reinstall my kicker hideaway. I have the 8”, but I am thinking about getting the 10” The Kicker HS8 can drop some rich bass when the gain is set correctly, and properly grounded. If it is bottoming out, something is not connected properly, or the gain isn’t set correctly.
I tapped the front left speaker wire for my kicker hideaway subwoofer. The wires are pink and grey, and I unplugged the wire harnesses where it goes into the door grommet under the dash and pulled back the tape to easily access it while i tapped it without cutting it. You also must unplug your anc behind the glove box or you will get a terrible hum and it won’t even let it play. Takes five minutes to do as there are videos on YouTube getting to it.
Actually Tuesday but I replaced the Honda OEM accessory rear spoiler with an ebay one. For those who may not know, the factory Honda rear spoiler accessory instructions requires 4 holes (5/16"/8mm) to be drilled into the trunk lid (2 push pins w/ anchors and 2 bolts w/ nuts screwed in from underneath). If you remove it and replace it with something else like I did, you may run into the same issue I did - the replacement spoiler doesn't cover all the holes (see pics). I've ordered some silicone plugs which will be RTV'ed into those holes once I get them but in the meantime, I've got some clear silicone tape covering the holes...
If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't have included the factory spoiler in the deal, I would have left the trunk alone and gone aftermarket... I just prefer the looks of this one (btw, the spoiler says "Yofer" underneath and also has two embedded nuts underneath that can be used to more securely fasten it to the trunk lid but since those didn't line up with the factory holes, and I was in a hurry, I didn't bother drilling new holes - just used double sided 3M all the way around)...
I finally got around to installing my Eibach Sportline suspension. Ordering my tires tonight and wheels should be mounted next. I also have the Eibach pro alignment kit to fix the rear camber but plan to install once the new wheels are mounted. Let me know what you think!
Installed a Mishimoto catch can with drain kit (yellow arrow points to drain valve - 90 horizontal (perpendicular to hose) for closed, straight down (inline with hose) for open).
A few thoughts - open unboxing, I half-heartedly tried to unscrew the body of the catch can just to look inside but it wouldn't turn by hand at all so I said forget it. Most of the kit seems really well made. Couple of concerns for longevity - the drain fitting is plastic (the upper hose fittings are metal) and the inline drain valve is also all plastic. The drain fitting is pretty long and protrudes up well past the bottom of the catch when screwed in so I trimmed/shortened the threads (if not, there would always be a significant amount of stuff in the bottom of the catch can that wouldn't drain). Next time I take it apart, I will probably try replacing the 3 top mounting allen head bolts with larger head versions.