2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
what did they charge you for the chrome delete ?
Because they can...

Seriously, it's a vinyl wrap from a company that specializes in wrapping.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry. Misread.

$200. Which may sound high, but where I live there’s a lot of demand upcharge on everything. Plus it’s the 5-year 3M which is slightly more expensive than the 3-yr.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I added remote start today by having the locksmith come out and program my remote start key and I made some all weather mats for the front of the car. I bought two indoor/outdoor mats from the home store and traced the original mats onto them and cut them out. I don’t get ice or snow where I live so there really just mat savers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Added the OEM Body Side Moldings. Last car was 12 accord and they saved me a bunch of paint work and dings.

·
Super Moderator
1,393 Posts
Installed Sport Grill with Chrome Mustache

Got rained on but so what, nuttin’ to corrode. EZ PZ.
Looks good... great job. (y)

Reactions: PhilipS

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dealer Installed Accessories? Jajaja.

No thanks. We’ll help each other, Thank you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Installed Draw-tire sport frame hitch. No cutting necessary although you’ll need to push the retainer brackets outboard to meet the facia push pins.

Touring Taillight kit Installed. Rear facia must be removed to rewIre the shock sensor.

Sequential Rear Bumper lights installed just so nobody hits the bicycles.

In this instance, the LX has the advantage because the exhaust tips direct the heat downward and not at the bike tires. I’ve seen melted tires after being hauled through a few States on some trucks.

hondapartsdirect offers the TOURTL 2018-2020 Accord kit at a discount.

Time? way too long with girlfriend distracting me. 3 hours total.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Accord Hybrid
22 Posts
I ordered the trunk handle, and I’m planning on installing the Mugen style wind/rain deflectors. Also added a fun wallpaper to the stereo.
ABDEDCEA-A372-48F4-B147-0E821D49FF9B.jpeg

·
Registered
4 Posts

I installed infinity reference components in the front and rear of my Sport 1.5. Many say it is not worth it to put components in the rear deck too, but I firmly believe it is after having coaxial speakers in the rear. They are being powered by the deck but I was able to get them to sound louder than the OEM speakers and retain the mid bass.

I soldered every last one of the connections, even at the cross overs so there no resistance, maximum signal transfer and power flow.

I do not recommend this but I did this my 2017 civic, and now my accord sport, I replaced the 15 amp audio fuse under the hood with a 30 amp and it makes a huge difference in the performance of the speakers. I don’t feel the need to ad an amp.

The last thing I am going to do is reinstall my kicker hideaway. I have the 8”, but I am thinking about getting the 10” The Kicker HS8 can drop some rich bass when the gain is set correctly, and properly grounded. If it is bottoming out, something is not connected properly, or the gain isn’t set correctly.

I tapped the front left speaker wire for my kicker hideaway subwoofer. The wires are pink and grey, and I unplugged the wire harnesses where it goes into the door grommet under the dash and pulled back the tape to easily access it while i tapped it without cutting it. You also must unplug your anc behind the glove box or you will get a terrible hum and it won’t even let it play. Takes five minutes to do as there are videos on YouTube getting to it.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
74 Posts
Actually Tuesday but I replaced the Honda OEM accessory rear spoiler with an ebay one. For those who may not know, the factory Honda rear spoiler accessory instructions requires 4 holes (5/16"/8mm) to be drilled into the trunk lid (2 push pins w/ anchors and 2 bolts w/ nuts screwed in from underneath). If you remove it and replace it with something else like I did, you may run into the same issue I did - the replacement spoiler doesn't cover all the holes (see pics). I've ordered some silicone plugs which will be RTV'ed into those holes once I get them but in the meantime, I've got some clear silicone tape covering the holes...

If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't have included the factory spoiler in the deal, I would have left the trunk alone and gone aftermarket... I just prefer the looks of this one (btw, the spoiler says "Yofer" underneath and also has two embedded nuts underneath that can be used to more securely fasten it to the trunk lid but since those didn't line up with the factory holes, and I was in a hurry, I didn't bother drilling new holes - just used double sided 3M all the way around)...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I finally got around to installing my Eibach Sportline suspension. Ordering my tires tonight and wheels should be mounted next. I also have the Eibach pro alignment kit to fix the rear camber but plan to install once the new wheels are mounted. Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
74 Posts
Installed a Mishimoto catch can with drain kit (yellow arrow points to drain valve - 90 horizontal (perpendicular to hose) for closed, straight down (inline with hose) for open).

A few thoughts - open unboxing, I half-heartedly tried to unscrew the body of the catch can just to look inside but it wouldn't turn by hand at all so I said forget it. Most of the kit seems really well made. Couple of concerns for longevity - the drain fitting is plastic (the upper hose fittings are metal) and the inline drain valve is also all plastic. The drain fitting is pretty long and protrudes up well past the bottom of the catch when screwed in so I trimmed/shortened the threads (if not, there would always be a significant amount of stuff in the bottom of the catch can that wouldn't drain). Next time I take it apart, I will probably try replacing the 3 top mounting allen head bolts with larger head versions.

·
Registered
2019 Accord Sport 1.5T
62 Posts
Washed mine for the first time today.

Damn, that's a lot of car and a lot of white to clean.........after ten years of washing a red Fit.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts