2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
375 Posts
GMTA VH! lol I have ampliforms too but in gray, would have bought bronze but a deal popped up on the gray and I couldn't say no... :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
GMTA VH! lol I have ampliforms too but in gray, would have bought bronze but a deal popped up on the gray and I couldn't say no... :)
Thanks man. I originally was going to go with the RPF1 but they discontinued the bronze. The hypergram were at least 2 months out from what I was told. I actually like the looks of these a little better, little less racer looking, and only one pound more than the hypergram. I dropped about 9lbs per corner with this setup. The lugs seem to scratch pretty easily, I just saw a few little scratches, but they are lugs and were only $50 for the set. I didn't get to really see how stable it is or anything because I live about a block and a half away and had the old four wheels and tires in the back.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I usually run Michelin but they have gotten so expensive lately for the miles we drive. I put a set of DW6 on my girls Ct200h yesterday too. They seem nice.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Saw Samuelx post about adding led light bar to trunk. When I see those little led strips that stick to the back of the tv on sale for $6-7 I buy them. Those led strips are very low voltage and can run on batteries. I also found video only of how to turn old USB cables into power cords. So that gave me idea. And it worked wonderfully. Tapped into the power supply in the rear trunk light. The lights go on and off with the trunk light. For about $8 I can actually see the trunk when it's dark. Now the stock led/light bulb is dimmer when they are in, which makes sense, but really doesn't matter. Cheers lmk if y'all have any questions. Btw yes in DC (battery) systems typically the colored wire is positive and white is negative and is true here as well. I was thinking they may get alittle hot because of the extra voltage and I would have to used a little step down converter, or they stay on slightly because the resistor might not be enough but none of this. All Last pic is in dark garage.

View attachment 6440 View attachment 6441 View attachment 6442 View attachment 6443 View attachment 6444
Well of course because I opened my mouth about how perfect they were I had issues 🤣. Was having the interior light error with them wired to power source but I found a solution finally after much work. Will make a whole new thread as I feel this could be very useful for people wanting to add LEDs to their car without causing errors or using expensive alternatives. Big thanks to Samuelx for being my sounding board and helping me.
I forgot to mention that I also have DW6's too, I think you'll like them... :)
So I like them but as many reviews mention they are a little softer of a compound. Nothing at all wrong with that but I've noticed and the 37-38 psi on my car and especially at the 34-36 on my gf car, the corners are a little more rounded than I would like for a week and a half of use.. Going to push them both up to 40 psi. The handle great, grip is nice, wet traction also great. Very impressed with them. Loving the light wheels effect on braking and accel. Also loving the extra half inch width per corner. Slightly more road noise ok some surfaces but not annoying or loud.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
375 Posts
Well of course because I opened my mouth about how perfect they were I had issues 🤣. Was having the interior light error with them wired to power source but I found a solution finally after much work. Will make a whole new thread as I feel this could be very useful for people wanting to add LEDs to their car without causing errors or using expensive alternatives. Big thanks to Samuelx for being my sounding board and helping me.
It was all you Man! (y) You trouble shooted the sh1t out of it! :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
It was all you Man! (y) You trouble shooted the sh1t out of it! :)
Thanks man I have electrical. Basically I figured out how to bypass the dreaded interior lighting issue when adding a light strip or something similar, and still have a door or trunk work as the trigger. Went a step further and will show how to add manual override as well, so you can turn them on with a switch if you want.

141 - 160 of 185 Posts