2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,480 Posts
Shame I really like that too. I'm sure if you wait a couple months ones will start popping up in Ali/ebay
They are probably already available aftermarket... my experience is OEM many times look at how aftermarket parts/accessories are selling then mark up the price and start offering them.

Would be interesting to find out what the difference is in the '21 MY to all the rest of the Gen X when it comes to that particular piece on our cars so it only fits the '21's. Makes me wonder if they will fit and Honda just didn't check/confirm that it will work on other years.

·
Super Moderator
2,480 Posts
Don't worry, it'll fit. My car is 2020
Thanks for the confirmation... didn't see any reason why the wouldn't. Honda needs to figure that out (and update their fitment years)... they cutting themselves out of $$$ saying it only fits 2021's. 😁

·
Registered
590 Posts
I usually like these in clear but since I got the car used it already had scratches in the driver's side door cup. Plus I took my carbon trim protector our of last car for the center console and sides so it sort of marches. These were the only precut one I could find that weren't clear.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
399 Posts
These are from yesterday. Got my Acuity solid base bushings, centering spring and boot collar. Just a heads up, if you screw yourself like I did and lose any of the bushings the guys at Acuity are super helpful and quick to respond. They’re sending me replacement bushings for a few bucks plus shipping. Beats buying a whole new set.

Also added my DboyShiftz galaxy boot and Hybrid racing knob when I was done with the internals.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 6MT San Marino Red
23 Posts
These are from yesterday. Got my Acuity solid base bushings, centering spring and boot collar. Just a heads up, if you screw yourself like I did and lose any of the bushings the guys at Acuity are super helpful and quick to respond. They’re sending me replacement bushings for a few bucks plus shipping. Beats buying a whole new set.
Yeah those base bushings were tricky, I remember fishing one that slid out installing mine a couple of months ago.

Acuity and all their parts are top notch. That centering spring alone is the most necessary / bang for the buck upgrade for the 6MT.

If shifts still feel a bit sloppy to you, the rocker upgrade is a really nice part and probably handles the stiffer centering spring better. The cable bushings don’t make a huge difference honestly, but they were a good project to learn about working under the hood of the Accord.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
399 Posts
Yeah those base bushings were tricky, I remember fishing one that slid out installing mine a couple of months ago.

Acuity and all their parts are top notch. That centering spring alone is the most necessary / bang for the buck upgrade for the 6MT.

If shifts still feel a bit sloppy to you, the rocker upgrade is a really nice part and probably handles the stiffer centering spring better. The cable bushings don’t make a huge difference honestly, but they were a good project to learn about working under the hood of the Accord.
I had the base bushings and centering spring on my Si too, along with the short shift adapter from Sirimoto. Those small upgrades made such a huge difference I had to get them for the Accord. Right now my rear base bushings are in and i just tightened down the front with the uppers in place until my new lowers come in. I really appreciate how quick and helpful they were in getting back to me about my dumbass mistake lol I love their stuff. I'm going to have to get the rocker upgrade, my shifter always felt a little bit sloppy and I found my factory one was broken when I was in there yesterday. it stll functions and everythings feels better with the spring in there but a new rocker will put me exactly where I want to be with it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Wrote up stereo and sound deadening install this past week. Obligatory mitten pic of him sleeping during road trip.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Wrote up 20 vs 22mm rsb comparison enjoy.....

161 - 180 of 185 Posts