2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing how this generation Accord features some of the most impressive changes yet and what might interest certain individuals can vary quite a bit, what better than to get this thread going. Having owned a coupe of accords already, I'm almost never disappointed by Honda's powertrain offerings (i am planning to get the 2.0T) but what interested me the most was design.

No matter what angle I look at it, design never fails to impress and make the Accord look far more premium than what you'd typically expect. In a way you can this is Honda's first true attempt at desigin a sporty saloon that can rival some of the most popular german brands.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The 2018 Accord's 10-speed automatic transmission is quite civilized and it'll happily do what you want at half-throttle. Sure there's a short pause in full kickdown, but I assume most people don't drive like that. Also less likely so spin your wheels!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Of course, Accord's new engine impressed me a lot and I can't wait to test drive it, but the best thing I like about the new Accord is its exterior design, it's more fashionable than any other Accord/Honda. As for me, it’s certainly the most elegant-looking Accord since its first model.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course, Accord's new engine impressed me a lot and I can't wait to test drive it, but the best thing I like about the new Accord is its exterior design, it's more fashionable than any other Accord/Honda. As for me, it’s certainly the most elegant-looking Accord since its first model.
I agree and the biggest contributor to its elegant styling has to be that long front end which is common among some of the worlds best luxury sedans around. Just look at the S-Class and its rivals, they all share that similar aspect.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Honda has really put their best foot forward recently when it comes to design. Not sure if everyone remembers how bad the 9th Gen civic was and their other cars were relatively bland as well. Not we have aggressive front bumpers for non-luxury cars and it's a step forward for a majority of buyers who wants something affordable yet nice to look at.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honda has really put their best foot forward recently when it comes to design. Not sure if everyone remembers how bad the 9th Gen civic was and their other cars were relatively bland as well. Not we have aggressive front bumpers for non-luxury cars and it's a step forward for a majority of buyers who wants something affordable yet nice to look at.
I still think they could have done better and hopefully we see it with a new higher end model. For many years already they have been due for an S2000 successor and the way I see it there's no better time to bring it back than now. They were even rumored to bring a "baby NSX" to market.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Those are higher end models that I won't be getting anytime soon. What's already offered by the new accord is better than expected and more than what I was hoping for. You can even see a bit of the NSX in it's headlights.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are higher end models that I won't be getting anytime soon. What's already offered by the new accord is better than expected and more than what I was hoping for. You can even see a bit of the NSX in it's headlights.
Good point and I guess the next step might be with us seeing something more from Acura in the form of a mainsteam product rather than something speical and limited in production. they need as many mainstream products as they can get right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts