2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Accord Sport. When sitting in the driver's seat, above and slightly to the right are two overhead lights that turn on when pushed in. Between them is a thin pressable switch, narrow and long, that runs between them. I have zero idea what this switch does. The manual doesn't address it and when I push it, I see nothing happening.

Does anyone know what this thing does?

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
Post a picture of the buttons you're speaking of. Honda and most manufacture's default install buttons/features that may not be applicable to all models.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here it is, not the easiest to see. The pic is a bit grainy, I put an arrow pointing at the button I'm talking about.

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
Just in case you haven't downloaded or have access to the owners manual attached is the page @NH Guy is speaking of. Probably the reason you didn't notice anything when you depressed it was because your parking lights weren't on.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks folks. So, a dumb question. What are parking lights? I've actually not even driven this car yet at night. It's light here around 6am up to almost 9pm and given I'm up at 5am every day, I'm usually going to bed around 9pm. I still haven't seen this button do anything, likely for the reason listed above.

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
thanks folks. So, a dumb question. What are parking lights? I've actually not even driven this car yet at night. It's light here around 6am up to almost 9pm and given I'm up at 5am every day, I'm usually going to bed around 9pm. I still haven't seen this button do anything, likely for the reason listed above.
See attached… Since you haven't driven/been in your car when it's dark if the daytime/parking lights were on it's possible the ambient lights were on but due to the outside light you might not have been able to see a difference.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.