2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find the Best Brand & Tire Size for these Rims. I want to have a comfortable ride and don't want to go to low profile on the Tires. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Any help is appreciated, Thanks Guys

Vossen Wheels CVT (Right) Metallic Gloss Silver 20x9 5x114.3/4.5"-0.0 32

·
Registered
953 Posts
Best brand and tire is all subjective. That being said your options leave you with either a touring or all season. My personal favorite is Michelin, but next are Continental. Contis tend to he softer and wear a little more quickly. Michelin costs more. Conti contact pro all season and the Michelin PS4 are my tops, but I want a little more grip. Both their touring tires are excellent as well if you want more comfort and miles. I'm out and about now can provide links later to all four.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Best brand and tire is all subjective. That being said your options leave you with either a touring or all season. My personal favorite is Michelin, but next are Continental. Contis tend to he softer and wear a little more quickly. Michelin costs more. Conti contact pro all season and the Michelin PS4 are my tops, but I want a little more grip. Both their touring tires are excellent as well if you want more comfort and miles. I'm out and about now can provide links later to all four.
Thanks for the help Vegas, I am curious to hear about Tire Size in regards to 20 Inch Wheels and what is best for the most comfortable ride. I had 22 Inch Rims on my last car (BMW) and the ride was horrible. Looked Great tho 😂

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
More than likely w/a 20 inch wheel you will need to run a low profile tire. With the stock 19" rims on my car the tires are what I would consider low profile (not much sidewall) giving it a stiffer ride. Not so stiff that it's unbearable but any low profile tire will not be as soft as a smaller diameter wheel with a larger/taller sidewall.

Check out here for pics of Accord's w/20" wheels to see what tire's they are running.

·
Registered
953 Posts
More than likely w/a 20 inch wheel you will need to run a low profile tire. With the stock 19" rims on my car the tires are what I would consider low profile (not much sidewall) giving it a stiffer ride. Not so stiff that it's unbearable but any low profile tire will not be as soft as a smaller diameter wheel with a larger/taller sidewall.

Check out here for pics of Accord's w/20" wheels to see what tire's they are running.
As the D00D has stated you might be stuck with a low profile tire to fit properly. Something like a 225 or 235/35 20 should easily fit (per tire rack). I make no guarantee they will fit without rubbing ect, your best option would be a 255/35/x20 in terms of comfort and performance. The wider tire/wheel will let you run less air pressure, making the ride more comfortable without sacrificing performance. This is an old trick Porche used. If you took down the air pressure 2-4 psi would help. If you wanted a little wider a 265/30 will fit that wheel, not sure about the car. The larger the wheel the less options you get. For example these Continental DWS06 tires are available in 255/35 but not 235/35(same tires planning to run in a 225/50/17). Unfortunately larger wheels and comfort are polar opposites. A better choice would be going with them in a 19" but having that extra width over the stock wheel will provide greater stability and comfort. SO really you need to figure out what size you want to run first before making a tire decision or let the available sizes your willing to try determine it anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.