2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing how Honda is involved in many industries and are often either leaders or runner up's in those segments, I know there has to be some members here that owned a non-automotive Honda product.

My family has a cottage sitting on 4 acers of land that we have been slowly reducing to flat land and a large part of that effort has been the use of a Honda TRX to haul either a trailer or wood chipper. Then of course as a fun way to get around the property aside from our pick-ups.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The old 9th Gen Honda civic and I have no idea why that happened when the design was so horrid... Luckily it was a shared vehicle, meaning I'm off the hook if something else of interest popped up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is non-automotive Honda that I use for my garden :)

I have to admit, that Honda has a great variety of good-quality products for your garden. So if you ever need something like lawn mowers, snowblower or generator take a look at their power equipment.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That's certainly off topic! :D
Honda makes a lot of other things outside of cars and motorcycles but people just aren't very aware of them. Maybe I'll look into a Honda snowblower if they have one.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can bet that years down the road people will be talking about the Honda robot that they own. All these years Honda has been working on that tech and now its starting to gain relevance in real world applications. Already some places in the world have robot security patrols.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not really mine, but my roomie has the new 10th gen Civic sedan and it's pretty nice for how little it costs. I've taken it on drives before and a fully equipped model feels amazing, with all the new technology. Honda knows what they're doing when it comes to affordable cars like the Civic and Accord.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Acceleration is quite nice on those, but the Honda Type R hatchback is a hideous beast. If there's ever a higher performance Accord, let's hope it's not that ugly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cant even begin to explain the number of Honda's I've owned. 25 in total I believe. Just traded in a 34 day old 2018 Civic Si on my 2018 2.0T 6spd accord sport. I traded in a 300whp Supercharged 9th gen Si to get the 2018 Si and I also currently have a lifted CRV. So I've been around the scene a long time lol

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cant even begin to explain the number of Honda's I've owned. 25 in total I believe. Just traded in a 34 day old 2018 Civic Si on my 2018 2.0T 6spd accord sport. I traded in a 300whp Supercharged 9th gen Si to get the 2018 Si and I also currently have a lifted CRV. So I've been around the scene a long time lol
I'm not surprised because coming from communities on Honda's from the 90's I have seen people who have owned 5-8 of a single model before finding 1 they really want to settle down with and even 1 they sold and regret selling.
Seen this a lot with the Integra and 6th Civic communities.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Amazing how brand loyalty works sometimes and I can't imagine a better badge to stick to than Honda. Of course there's always Toyota too, but the latter is just so vanilla to me. Honda vehicles look better IMHO and the quality is pretty on par.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Amazing how brand loyalty works sometimes and I can't imagine a better badge to stick to than Honda. Of course there's always Toyota too, but the latter is just so vanilla to me. Honda vehicles look better IMHO and the quality is pretty on par.
As long as they keep making good products then its easy to be loyal but ever since they stopped making cool cars after the 90's I started having a hate/love relationship with Honda. Only now I feel like they're back where they should be, slowly it feels like the 90's have returned.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have owned a 99 Accord EX, 02 RSX Type S and 08 Civic Si Coupe. All were great cars but my favorite was the RSX.
I heard the platform wasn't that great and in a way its no surprise looking at the sedans that share the same platform, they are rather boring. The only thing that stood out to me was the K Series engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Now on my 5th Honda. Have had a '05 Civic VP, '11 Accord EX-L (very nice), '88 Accord DX (never got that carbureted monster running right), '14 Civic LX, and now the '18 Accord EX-L (very very nice).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Two Honda 350 Motorcycles.
Two Honda Lawn mowers.
Two Acura Legends
2001 Honda Accord
2008 Honda Accord
2008 Honda Civic
Two 2015 CRV's
2017 CRV
2018 Accord Touring 2.0T

·
Registered
90 Posts
2002 Civic EX
2010 CRV EXL
2012 Civic LX
2015 Civic EX
2014 Odyssey Touring Elete
2016 Accord Touring V6
2018 Accord Touring 2.0T
Honda electric start self propelled lawn mower

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had several, but not 25.

80's CRX
90's Civic coupe
2000 Civic coupe- Mexican built was real junk
2008 Accord V-6
2008 Accord coupe
2015 Civic EXL
2018 Accord XL

Only our second Civic was junk, all the others were and are great cars.

·
Super Moderator
199 Posts
A CT-70, a 400-4 and a SilverWing 600 on the bike side, 4 Civics, 3 CR-V and a Pilot on the auto side. Now the 2018 Accord Hybrid, the best of any of them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts