2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello all,

I've been in the sport 2.0 for about 3 weeks and love it!!

Few things I dislike, it's not perfect but close.

Main one is, when I relax my legs, knees go straight to hard plastic and it's pretty uncomfortable after a while!! I wish it was padded a bit.

Anyone has a solution for that?
Replace those plastic console pieces with the leather versions from the EXL and Touring. Part nos. are: 83430-TVA-A11ZA & 83420-TVA-A11ZA. They're about $41 a piece plus shipping.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've only had my 2.0T Touring for about 6 weeks... love it overall so far! Really!

If I had to pick some annoyances (many have been mentioned already)...

(1) Infamous "fluttering" aluminum hood at highway speed (probably more noticeable on my black car... also the HUD draws my eyes to the hood more now)... local dealer stated no technical service bulletin to date.

(2) Less than impressive 450W "premium" audio system... love the endless music sources, including Apple Carplay, but not impressed with the overall clarity and bass of the system. It's hard to believe there is a "subwoofer" in the rear. If I had bought this car outright or if I buy it at lease end, will seriously consider upgrading the system. By far the weakest "premium" audio system of any car I've owned.

(3) Fit and finish of the door, hood, body panels... gaps seem wider than they need to be.

(4) No trunk handle. I know they sell that plastic handle that you can install yourself... why, why??? I'm actually finally over this little annoyance!

(5) Automatic parking brake setting. I like the option, but sometimes it works properly and automatically disengages when I put the transmission into gear... sometimes it does not and the car yells at me to release the parking brake manually. Seems like no rhyme or reason.

(6) No side mirror memory setting integration... I'd be way too greedy to want power folding mirrors... LOL!

(7) Ventilated seats... I know they are not air-conditioned, just "cooled", but sometimes I cannot tell if they are on or off... not very powerful.

(8) Proximity sensors... sometimes beep and warn me of phantom vehicles/objects approaching while I'm stopped/braking at a traffic light.

I do truly really love this car and have no regrets leasing it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
(cont... waited to long to edit the last one!)

(9) Back-up camera get too dirty too easily... I guess to be expected for a camera that does not retract.

Somewhat unrelated... what genius at Honda felt that no blue Honda vehicle should be offered with a black (or dark gray) interior??? The TLX comes in blue/black... strange...

·
Registered
13 Posts
(cont... waited to long to edit the last one!)

(9) Back-up camera get too dirty too easily... I guess to be expected for a camera that does not retract.

Somewhat unrelated... what genius at Honda felt that no blue Honda vehicle should be offered with a black (or dark gray) interior??? The TLX comes in blue/black... strange...
My Still Night Pearl 2.0T Sport certainly has blank interior. :wink:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all,

Just came back from a 190 mile day trip with 95%+ highway. ACC set to 70mph and LKA on. The car basically drove itself haha. So relaxing to drive with that level of assistance !!

I drive the Sport 2.0T and got 37mpg on that trip so pretty happy about that too. It balances the poor 16mpg I get in pure city...

Here's what I loved about my Accord today :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Like the car very much but I wish that the passenger seat was fully powered to include height adjustment. The 2L is a blast to drive but it kills mileage. Takes a lot of getting used to, to adjust all the possibilities of the safety equipment.
I had my front window crack after just 2 weeks. I could not find any evidence of a stone striking it so after a bit of discussion they replaced it free for me saying it was stress related, but it was slow wait to get the replacement window. The major thing also about the window is you have to get it CALIBRATED at the dealer after the replacement window is installed. A lot of safety stuff is now connected to the windshield.

Thank god for U-tube, I feel that they should have given a DVD or other drive to explain in detail all the possibilies that you can adjust.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In July, we got a 2018 Accord Sport 1.5t with CVT.

Love the way it looks, especially the nose.
Lots of room in the cabin.
Trunk is huge.
Gas mileage (highway) is ridiculous - averaged 41.0 MPG on a 600 mile trip (Econ mode)... that exceeds Honda's MPG...
Apple car play works well (just got a software update to correct some issues).
Fit and finish is very nice, the car looks more expensive than it is.
Pretty responsive, when you hit the gas, it goes...especially in 'Sport mode'... amazing 1.5t engine - I didn't notice Turbo lag...

Dislikes:
No Blind spot monitoring? Really? all this tech stuff that the Accord has and NO BSM... Honda sensing is nice - but it's more important to have BSM than Lane assist.. Hyundai thought of this (has BSM standard on all cars but the other stuff is optional) but Honda didn't... Weird.
Lane assist is annoying - if you signal but can't change lanes right a way, it flashes at you... do that a few times and the Driver's Attention warning thinks you're falling asleep.
Audio is average at best.
No SiriusXM ? How is that possible?
The Dash needs to have the MPG and trip mileage moved to the middle so that I can see the Tach and my MPG at a glance.
TPMS - my Tire Pressure Monitoring System light has come on three times in the first 900 miles. Tire pressures are fine. It doesn't just measure tire pressure, it's a bit complicated.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I Have to agree with some above Comments - Especially the Passenger Seat set up ..
Fit and Finish - Yes could be Better - ( I'm Sure Honda Plant Knows this )
I found - Spot Welding Splatter - I Thought these were Lazier Welded - Anyway certainly will Rust - Sticking up by the Seem at the Front Strut Tower .. It's close
enough to Seems - Body Putty Person Could have taken care of it - Clean and Buried it , but Know Left it Fully Exposed and Jagged . .

I few Other I'm Talking over with Service Department ..

Now Lets talk about Body Protection - the - Old Trans Tunnel - Yes there is still one there , has a Extra Brace in there like an upside Down U
The Sheet Metal has Body Coverage on Seems - But the Large Gaping Edge of this U Bracket Facing Forward is Going to Catch all Junk - it will sit in Gaps - like Gutter Effect Ride around there till it wet and Rots . .
Should have been Body Putty Filled on Leading Edge - Wow Honda saving 3 OZ of Body Protection . . It's Wind Tunnel for God sake - Quiet it Down by Applying Body Putty to It ..Keep from Starting an Ant Farm ..

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've only had my 2.0T Touring for about 6 weeks... love it overall so far! Really!

If I had to pick some annoyances (many have been mentioned already)...

(1) Infamous "fluttering" aluminum hood at highway speed (probably more noticeable on my black car... also the HUD draws my eyes to the hood more now)... local dealer stated no technical service bulletin to date.

(2) Less than impressive 450W "premium" audio system... love the endless music sources, including Apple Carplay, but not impressed with the overall clarity and bass of the system. It's hard to believe there is a "subwoofer" in the rear. If I had bought this car outright or if I buy it at lease end, will seriously consider upgrading the system. By far the weakest "premium" audio system of any car I've owned.

(3) Fit and finish of the door, hood, body panels... gaps seem wider than they need to be.

(4) No trunk handle. I know they sell that plastic handle that you can install yourself... why, why??? I'm actually finally over this little annoyance!

(5) Automatic parking brake setting. I like the option, but sometimes it works properly and automatically disengages when I put the transmission into gear... sometimes it does not and the car yells at me to release the parking brake manually. Seems like no rhyme or reason.

(6) No side mirror memory setting integration... I'd be way too greedy to want power folding mirrors... LOL!

(7) Ventilated seats... I know they are not air-conditioned, just "cooled", but sometimes I cannot tell if they are on or off... not very powerful.

(8) Proximity sensors... sometimes beep and warn me of phantom vehicles/objects approaching while I'm stopped/braking at a traffic light.

I do truly really love this car and have no regrets leasing it!

The parking brake is deactivated when you start the vehicle, have the safety belt and press the accelerator. If you do not have a seat belt, the car does not deactivate the parking break.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Traded in my 2018 BMW M3 with 6 speed manual about 2 weeks ago for 2019 Touring with 10 speed. Overall, I’m happy with the purchase but a few things that stand out to me are...

- TPMS....on twice and only 200+ miles
- No power folding side mirrors
- No heated steering wheel
- No trunk handle (ordered)
- Stereo is weak but once adjusted, acceptable
- No rear passenger usb/power outlet(ordered)

·
Super Moderator
1,393 Posts
Traded in my 2018 BMW M3 with 6 speed manual about 2 weeks ago for 2019 Touring with 10 speed. Overall, I’m happy with the purchase but a few things that stand out to me are...

In case you didn't know already there is an OEM heated steering available.

·
Registered
2 Posts

In case you didn't know already there is an OEM heated steering available.
Thanks...I’m tracking that but seems silly that it would come with cooled seats but no heating steering wheel. Debating if I want to spend an extra $300 plus install.

·
Super Moderator
1,393 Posts
Thanks...I’m tracking that but seems silly that it would come with cooled seats but no heating steering wheel. Debating if I want to spend an extra $300 plus install.
True... guess they were thinking they didn't want to add/have all the features stock that would come on an Acura TLX. It is nice that it is available though... and a nice feature if you live in a cold(er) climate.

BTW... I do have it on my car... first heated steering wheel I have had... Some say it doesn't get hot as they would expect or experienced in other vehicles w/heated steering wheel, however my experience is it gets warm enough for me compared to my other vehicle w/leather (non-heated) steering wheel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This past weekend I drove my 2019 Honda Accord Sport from Los Angeles to Palm Springs for the weekend. My first long trip since purchasing the vehicle last month. I'm starting to get a little annoyed by the lane change warnings. At first I didn't mind them but in traffic through Los Angeles you can see how this would be annoying. My car has gotten fooled also by curves in lanes on the freeways. It actually happens more often that not. Thinking I was going off my lane but I wasn't. I guess it might just be a matter of getting use to it.

I did experience something that I had never seen or heard of before and honestly it made me chuckle a bit. A warning light came on and it had a coffee mug and it said something along the lines of "Driver Needs Rest" I did some research when I got back home from my vacation and it comes from the Driver Attention Monitor. I'm assuming the whole thing where it thought I was going to the wrong lane triggered the Driver Attention Warning. I don't mind that warning but here's hoping the lane correction warnings don't trigger that again.

Up until now I've not had any issues with the car breaking unexpectedly. But I've read on these forums of a handful of people experiencing this to different degrees of seriousness.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT (~3K miles)

2. Nice seats (like the cloth/leather setup)
  3. Feature set generally speaking is good (heated seats, sunroof)
  4. Fantastic car in almost all regards, very well rounded vehicle for daily driver use
  5. Good Value overall
Dislikes:
  1. Infuriating request to turn on parking brake to start car (no way to turn off, happens about 50% of the time)
  2. Lousy shifter....no positive feedback, very narrow gates -- worst Honda shifter of any I've ever owned by large margin
  3. Bog or boil, standing starts on hills -- driven MT's exclusively for 30 years, never had a car so hard to leave from a standing start on a hill
    • In the dry, bog if you leave unaggressively
    • In the wet, bog (or stall) if you leave unaggressively (and traction control cuts power to nothing, engine dies)
    • In the dry, boil if you try to build boost and leave a little aggressive (to avoid bogging)
  4. Non-linear power delivery -- not a laggy motor, but power is lumpy, very little off idle, a lot in the middle, not much up top (at least give me 2 out of 3)
  5. Low idle when warm (~750 rpms) which passes small vibrations through the entire car
  6. Inconsistent climate control (can be hot and cold at the same setting in the same drive...annoying, frequently occurs)
  7. No 'Sport' mode to sharpen throttle response, steering feedback, suspension stiffness
  8. Limited display options with digital cluster (i.e. no boost gauge, can't display speed in MPH)
Verdict: Great car, just don't recommend with the 6MT. This coming from someone whose never owned an automatic before and hunted for a 6MT.

If you can share a few things about your ownership of the 2018+ Honda Accord, what would it be? The most liked or hated, share them with every one I am sure you won't be the only one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
After owning a 1.5T Sport CVT for the past 14 months, I must say overall I'm quite pleased with it for the purpose of being a daily driver and family sedan. It has an excellent driving feel to it, a sporty chassis, super stylish looks, decent low end torque, it's great on gas and only requires regular octane, it has a ton of safety and tech features, excellent brakes, a decent infotainment system, and a very comfortable and aesthetic cabin. Plus it has plenty of room to be used as a family car while still allowing for some driving fun. There is no wonder at all why this car continually makes Car and Drivers' 10 Best. It's just an all around great vehicle. It's perfect for getting to work, going to see clients, and driving my family around in.

Now for my biggest issue with the 10th gen Accord and all of the current generation Honda models for that matter. WTF is with the electronic parking brakes?!?! Not being able to lock the rear wheels in order to induce oversteer during slippery or spirited driving conditions is a massive handicap for a driver in a front-engine front-wheel drive vehicle. And of course Honda decides to do this just when their fleet of passenger cars are becoming more capable and better-handling than ever before. I am especially peeved with this as I am entering the beginning of my second winter with this vehicle and I have been driving it in snowy conditions during the past week on excellent snow tires.

Not having the option to lock the rear wheels in a front wheel drive car leaves the enthusiast driver with no options to correct understeer other than praying that the electronic brake will manage to stop the car dead in its tracks rather than allowing it to slide through a corner in style. I seriously hope that someone craftier than myself is able to create a solution to this. i.e. some kind of electronic parking brake reprogramming which changes it to only locks the rear wheels or maybe an aftermarket mechanical parking brake kit with cable and lever. I'd happily replace this practically useless electronic parking brake and the silly brake hold feature for a proper parking brake mechanism.

I never realized how much I would miss my '08 Civic Si Sedan until each time my Accord refuses to allow me to play in the snow and robs me of the joy in seeing what this wonderful chassis can really do.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts