2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
After owning a 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0 and needing to replace the entire windshield, I have to say...this is my 1st Honda and my LAST. I've had the same car for the last 13 yrs and NEVER needed a window replacement. Amd my Honda hasn't been a third of the places my Pontiac has traveled and the windshield is cracked. Doesn't help that I've read SEVERAL of the same accounts. Now Im scared the new windshield will be broken in 8 months.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I Just replaced a 2017 Lexus NX for a 2020 Accord 1.5 sport. So far I’m pleased and very happy with it.

Do not like
1. Sound system is terrible if not the worse that any other car I’ve had.
2. Poor quality image on Back up camera.
3. No remote start on the sport.
4. Map and dome lights are a joke.
5. Knee hits with the start on/off button.

Like.
1.Sport looking vehicle
2.Headlights
3.Rims and wheels
4. Interior is very Roomy and seats are comfy.
5. Very quiet and smooth ride.
6. Safety aspect
7. MPG hehehe

·
Registered
2020 Honda Accord Hybrid
22 Posts
Do not like
1. Sound system is terrible if not the worse that any other car I’ve had.
2. Poor quality image on Back up camera.
3. No remote start on the sport.
4. Map and dome lights are a joke.
5. Knee hits with the start on/off button.
I agree with you here!! The sound isn't great, the backup camera is better than my WRX was, but still not amazing. My knee always hits the rubbery/plastic whatever it is dash part where the ignition button is. I'm afraid that after too many rides, I'll end up with the terribly scary noise inside that people are always talking about!

I like the feel of the car, love the MPG, and dig the look. Overall though I'm happy with the swap from my Subaru to the Accord. Obviously not apples to apples, but at least when I put it in reverse, the backup cam comes on (even if it's not super 4K HD). In the Subie, it would delay...sometimes it'd come right on, sometimes it took 30 seconds.

·
Registered
2019 Accord Sport 1.5T
62 Posts
2019 1.5T Sport, Pearl White
    • Interior comfort
    • Ride
    • Handling (verified in the twisties of northern KY)
    • Acceleration (can always use more)
    • Headlights (even better with 9011 HIR bulbs in the high beams)
    • Trunk space
    • Interior fit and finish
    • Exterior fit and finish
    • Interior sound levels during cruise
    • Exhaust note during acceleration
    • General control layout
    • Adaptive cruise control (better than Toyota's attempt)
    • Auto climate control (set it and forget it)
    • Interior storage
    • Manual transmission (THANK YOU Honda)
    • Clutch feel/engagement
  • Dislikes
    • Throttle pedal placement, makes heel and toe impossible for me
    • Can't start the car without releasing the clutch
    • Can't start the car with the parking brake released
    • Can't release the parking brake without pressing the foot brake
    • Push button parking brake (useless if a quick rear end rotation is needed on snow)
    • Honda Sensing, except ACC. I've disabled everything I can and will keep looking for how to disable it all
    • No proximity unlock
    • No trunk opener on lid
    • Rims unprotected by tire sidewall. Already scraped one less than a month after buying.
    • Rev hang (planned mods will fix that)
  • Things I don't care about (as in will never use)
    • Android Auto
    • Apple Car Play
    • HondaLink
  • Planned mods
    • KTuner or Hondata
    • Rear muffler delete (cheaper than aftermarket exhaust, seems reasonably quiet from what I've seen on youtube, easily reversible if I don't like it)
    • 245/40R19 tires, to try to provide some protection for the rims
    • Possibly a set of winter tires of appropriate width and aspect ratio on 17" rims

·
Registered
36 Posts
I dislike that on warm days an area near my HUD vibrates and that within itself is irritating. I would have preferred 18” wheels on my Touring as opposed to these 19” ones. Outside of that it does everything that I want of it well.

Reactions: Piratefan2018

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
74 Posts
I have about a dozen likes and another dozen dislikes but never felt like adding anything until today. Daughter spilled a drink onto the back seat floorboard a little while ago. I have the OEM accessory all weather floor mats that were installed as part of the original purchase and never really inspected them because I never felt that I needed to - all weather floor mats, how do you get those wrong? Well, Honda DID.

IMnshO, THE HONDA OEM ACCESSORY ALL WEATHER FLOOR MATS ARE SHIITE!!!!!!! These are the rears:

Why TF would you design an all weather mat with one complete side without a "wall" or "lip"?????!!!!! F$($%#( [email protected])&!!!! So yeah, the drink liquid flowed forward and into the carpeting and by the way, there is a split in the flooring material right there too so the liquid also made it's way underneath!!! F((#%)!!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,393 Posts
I have about a dozen likes and another dozen dislikes but never felt like adding anything until today. Daughter spilled a drink onto the back seat floorboard a little while ago. I have the OEM accessory all weather floor mats that were installed as part of the original purchase and never really inspected them because I never felt that I needed to - all weather floor mats, how do you get those wrong? Well, Honda DID.

IMnshO, THE HONDA OEM ACCESSORY ALL WEATHER FLOOR MATS ARE SHIITE!!!!!!! These are the rears:

Why TF would you design an all weather mat with one complete side without a "wall" or "lip"?????!!!!! F$($%#( [email protected])&!!!! So yeah, the drink liquid flowed forward and into the carpeting and by the way, there is a split in the flooring material right there too so the liquid also made it's way underneath!!! F((#%)!!!!
I have those also... like you they were purchased at time of delivery of my car. Most would think by Honda's description of them they would be equivalent to what we see advertised by Weather-Tech... however they aren't. 😟 Only plus I see in them is they are easy to clean and don't get nasty with dirt as the carpeted ones do/will.

Reactions: Samuelx

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have 2018 honda accord touring 2.0. my memory seat use to work and now its not working no more. can anyone help please ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
2019 2.0t Touring Model ~15k miles so far.
Stupid:
1) Navigation Voice Guidance can not be muted or disabled (same model year Pilot offers this option).
2) Radio/Accessories turn off as soon as engine is turned off, does not wait until driver door opens (again, Pilot does this intuitively).
3) Owners manual should be an embarrassment to Honda. A 3rd grader with a box of crayons could do better. Pointing users to a web site that says the same lame thing as is written in the manual is pointless and frustrating.

1) Handling, looks. Not quite as peppy as a WRX, not as stable on the open road as an Avalon. Still, a hoot to drive overall. Surprising acceleration.
2) Buffered content on the Sirius XM for saved stations, single touch slider to anywhere within the buffered content (Pilot forces you to “tab” back to each marker in the buffer individually).
3) Gas mileage balanced with performance.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts