2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Recently purchased a 2019 honda accord with 3k+ miles. After i started driving on the highway i noticed the steering wheel was slightly off centered. Took it to get an alignment but they said there was nothing wrong. If anything i think it got more off. Do i keep pressuring them, take a video, get a tech to ride along?

Thanks

·
Administrator
2,549 Posts
When you had them check the alignment did you mention to them that the steering wheel was off center? Does the car feel like it's drifting/pulling to one side or the other? For any reason could the steering wheel have been removed, replaced, or heated steering wheel added? Nothing wrong w/taking a video and/or having a service advisor/tech ride along.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Try different lanes on the highway and note if there is any pitch differences. It's typical for lanes to be pitched one direction or the other to aid water run-off. Usually the car will need counter steered ever so slightly (i.e. offcentered) to counter the road pitch.

·
Administrator
2,549 Posts
Thank tou for the reply. I went back and got a tech tonrise along. Confirmed the issue and got it fixed.
What was found as the issue? Just in case someone else has this problem it may assist them in getting it corrected. TIA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts