2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so yesterday I had my sport 2.0 t maintenance done my local Honda dealership. I paid for tire rotation as I always do, and wheel alignment. Maybe it's just me, but when I turn my steering wheel comment it feels tighter, and my wheels turn faster. It feels more fine tuned now. Is that the truth or is it just me? Hahaha

·
Registered
119 Posts
okay, so yesterday I had my sport 2.0 t maintenance done my local Honda dealership. I paid for tire rotation as I always do, and wheel alignment. Maybe it's just me, but when I turn my steering wheel comment it feels tighter, and my wheels turn faster. It feels more fine tuned now. Is that the truth or is it just me? Hahaha
can you upload your alignment sheet they gave you?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Interesting they didn’t do a caster sweep. To me setting the toe that negative is just so people don’t complain about the steering wheel being off center lol. I normally set front wheel drive cars to 0.00 or +0.02. Both your front toes are set pointing in, and when you accelerate and front wheel drive car the tires tend to go in anyways. Steering feels tighter because tires want to go straight naturally, with each one pulling at the other to go toward it gives it that feel. It’s within specs so I wouldn’t worry about tire scrub or feathering.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I mean I know Honda intentionally mess up my wheel alignment after I paid a lot of money for it. But you said it's fine though right? Again sorry, I'm just not very knowledgeable in alignment measurements. Most other aspects of it driving dynamics I'm great in though. ?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I Like My Wheels set closer to Zero as the Road Friction or Drag will pull them back some at Highway Speeds.
the Rear Toe out a little to Aid in the Curves ..

Your Total Rear Toe .22 Degree - I read that as .017 x .22 = .004 that's pretty straight .. Your Camber on Passenger side Rear is a little High .. I thought My Rear Camber was to High @ -1.75

Seems most the Accords are Running High Rear Camber - which is Knocking the Inside 1.5 inches of
Tire Off Faster then Normal - I believe Rear Camber should be around -1.4

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
My Before & After - U have to Look @ Pictures on side as Symbols , read from Top
Caster , F. Camber , Frt. Toe , R. Camber , Rear Toe . . .

Most alignment Places Allow 6 months to have it redone ~ Not sure what Your Honda Shop does ..Hoping this Helps some . .

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
The Question would require Reading : ~ `\ : - )
If You look at the Smaller Number just above - Colors - these are the Official Range , so -.5 on Your Right Frt. is ?

That said , If I loosen the Strut Tower Bolts and Push the Driver side Top inward - I'll pick -0.15 these are very sensitive . .

·
Registered
119 Posts
The Question would require Reading : ~ `\ : - )
If You look at the Smaller Number just above - Colors - these are the Official Range , so -.5 on Your Right Frt. is ?

That said , If I loosen the Strut Tower Bolts and Push the Driver side Top inward - I'll pick -0.15 these are very sensitive . .
What are you getting at? His front right is -0.5? The spec range is -0.8 to +0.2. Which would make dead center of specifications at -0.3. Having both sides would equalize the cross camber which all vehicles should have if it is driven on roads. Not race tracks. So the reading he has is within specifications and within cross camber specifications.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What are you getting at? His front right is -0.5? The spec range is -0.8 to +0.2. Which would make dead center of specifications at -0.3. Having both sides would equalize the cross camber which all vehicles should have if it is driven on roads. Not race tracks. So the reading he has is within specifications and within cross camber specifications.

Well, thank you very very much. I still swear that my steering feels a little tighter which feels nice. More precise. Even if it's a placebo effect still feels good lol. Again, then you tell everyone so far for all your help! Dearly appreciated!

·
Registered
13 Posts
How much $$ was the alignment?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.