2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've Been Looking at lower the weight on a few items on Honda Accord .

I spent Time locating some Titanium Lugs - which are Nice , a little Pricey but Great Quality . .

Just Plain Lugs but not $259 & Up for some of Euro Offerings . .
12x1.5 Titanium Stud Nuts

I was able to Drop 28 Lbs with Rims . . and around 1-2 Lbs with Tires ..compared to some Brands 3-4 lbs . .

Just Dropping Load on Wheel & Tire Package ~ I Thought I try a Set of Forged Lugs ~
Being Forged 6061 or 7051 Aircraft Alu. - certainly are few steps up from Cast Alu. Wheel Material . .

Not as strong as Stainless Steel , Titanium but worth a shot so long as the Threads are Really Good . .

Just got the Lugs in and After Inspection - Threads are Very Smooth , No Jagged edges at all and Fit Studs like Leather Driving Gloves . .

Come Packaged very well with Several Colors available - Do to having Years of Inspection - I know without going to Book of asking Plating Shops . .
Hard Coat Anodizing will Penetrate into Material as much as Applied . . ( Actually Hardening Materials Surface ) .

Example : If .0015 is Applied to Object .00075 Goes into Part .. that should get a Medium to Dark Gray .
Very Dark almost Black .0024 with .0012 Penetration ..
Also More Applied Darker it gets . . so I selected AROSPEED Darker color , other then Black . Also Offered in ~ NEO , Blue , Red etc.

Will Be Testing !
Lug Weight Lost Only 1.5 Lbs Approx do to Fact Honda's Lugs which are Bear Min. / Compared to Tire Racks Lugs from SS and 1/2 ~ 3/4 Inch Longer
Then Savings would be 2 ~ 2.5 Lbs for Complete Set ..

Titanium Set Up - compared to Tire Racks would be 3 lbs Savings . .

Now many might say Open Lugs aren't 4 them and If My Honda was Up North - I'd be One of those Stating that . .
Ends of Studs n My Accord have High Temp Paint & Light Coating of Grease , l suppose that ~ may be enough ~ Protection for most . .

Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts