2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda has agreed to repaint my car due to all the defects. But I'm disappointed with overall paint problems. Heres my list ie; Dirt you can feel in the paint on the hood and right rear 1/4, paint smudges on front doors, a run on the trunk lid, a dent in the top of the fender, and the roof is full of fisheyes.
I had my friend detail my car since I am disabled and not able to do so. He is the one that found defects.:crying:

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think the best thing to do here is to take the car back to them so they can fix it.
Every time I look at it I find more dirt in the paint, I looked tonight under fluorescent lights and found more dirt on the hood.
Just not thrilled with a lowly employee take apart and reassemble my car. I've seen the low man on the totem pole does the grunt work like that. I bought a new car that was assembled right by the manufacturer. If they just tape it up, I will have overspray on everything. Just venting, I love my Accord except for this. :sad:

·
Registered
770 Posts
LOL They won't Be Taking apart Your Vehicle , they will be Taping Off and Blending In - Pal
What Planet are You On ?

It will go to a Body Shop , Not a Governmental Experimental House where they Train ~ Automotive Body ~ Proper Painting & Prep , as Honda used Robots . .
I have seen 5-7 other Cars , not as Bad as You's r but pretty close with the Contamination Issues . . & Orange Peel effects . .

I would just Preferred that the Entire Honda as least the Accord Line - was Dipped - It's NOT , Rockers aren't even Shot with Paint on inside , just basic pre Prime ..
Worst that Pre_Prime was done before Spot Welding from what I able to Tell . . or a very light Prime with Robots afterwards which Better then Only Before Sport Welding ..

HENCE DIP OUR 35K Accords - Honda ! seeing I have already Busted the Assembly Line F&^%$Kers that are Missing the Entire inside of Fender Lips with Hard Body Putty
Honda Designed to Protect the Fenders ( Workers ) are Miss Placing the ( Body Putty ) Location as much as 1/2 Inch - that's BS

·
Registered
33 Posts
I found a couple of those raised spot on my Obsidian Blue Hybrid Touring, though not quite as pronounced as yours.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a couple of those raised spot on my Obsidian Blue Hybrid Touring, though not quite as pronounced as yours.
I was contemplating exchanging my car for an Obsidian blue but read how the darker colors were worse than other Honda colors. I love that blue too.:smile:

Reactions: Sparky

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got an estimate of $9,657.74 to repaint from the first shop. I went to the dealer I have contact with and their body shop said they can't do a better job than what's on it. The first shop said this also. I am going to go to Mercedes Benz shop next week.

·
Registered
770 Posts
OK _ Glad someone is Taking this Quality Stuff - to Honda and Pointing it Out - from what I have seen Honda should have been Catching this Long Before any Vehicles
Left Their Plant ..

It's a shame USA - Auto Workers can't do better , I guess that is what Got Me the Most Up Set , seeing I Busted My Butt for 20 Plus Years
to Insure Quality in ever Part We ever manufactured and Delivered to see work like this _ Seems to Border on Complete Lack of Training & Communication .. inside
the Plant ..

ps: the Only Other Issues of this Nature -dealing with Paint I have seen ( Are Impurities ) being under the Paint and showing up 5-7 yrs down the Line .
The Paint Line was shut down over a long Holiday Weekend and some Remodeling in Building ( Contaminated Door Skins ) on some -VW's . .
They Removed & Rebuilt the Entire Doors effected for all Customers - around 700 Units . .

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my quote Mercedes on repainting the car, it is $10,033.14 but does not include PPF or CCP. I thought it would be much higher.

·
Super Moderator
1,736 Posts
I got an estimate of $9,657.74 to repaint from the first shop. I went to the dealer I have contact with and their body shop said they can't do a better job than what's on it. The first shop said this also. I am going to go to Mercedes Benz shop next week.
I got my quote Mercedes on repainting the car, it is $10,033.14 but does not include PPF or CCP. I thought it would be much higher.
Those prices not surprising at all for a full paint job. Recently had to have some paint work done to some motorcycle parts and purchased the paint myself... the cost for half a pint of paint surprised me. :surprise: When you consider the prep work that has to be done to a good paint job, and the cost of paint the price goes up quickly.

BTW, drawing a blank on what "PPF" or "CCP" are referring too. :confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
A little off topic, but I have the Pearl White and whenever it rains there are black streaks down the front doors and near the rear doors, car is parked outside, Mentioned it to the service techs at my Honda dealer and they said to Armour All protectant on all the outside black rubber/vinyl and and it should stop that from happening. I did that and it still happens. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions how to correct this?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A little off topic, but I have the Pearl White and whenever it rains there are black streaks down the front doors and near the rear doors, car is parked outside, Mentioned it to the service techs at my Honda dealer and they said to Armour All protectant on all the outside black rubber/vinyl and it should stop that from happening. I did that and it still happens. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions on how to correct this?
This doesn't happen to mine as it is parked inside. But my brother and nephew have new white Honda's and it happens to both of them because of the dew running down the rain channels and off the cars. :sad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Honda has agreed to repaint my car due to all the defects. But I'm disappointed with overall paint problems. Heres my list ie; Dirt you can feel in the paint on the hood and right rear 1/4, paint smudges on front doors, a run on the trunk lid, a dent in the top of the fender, and the roof is full of fisheyes.
I had my friend detail my car since I am disabled and not able to do so. He is the one that found defects.:crying:
I'm having a clear coat issue chipping off and it looks like little rust spots in the paint.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts