2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,748 Posts
It's a 2018 only 28,000 miles I bought it brand new.
That being the case you should definitely bring it to your dealership's attention... I would think that should be covered under the three year warranty. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Volvo's ,BMW's, VW , Ford Mustang's etc. Not having these Issues !

Actually not quite true - I purchased a new 2020 Ford Mustang GT Premium convertible, and it had paint contamination of the passenger door. The Ford dealership offered to repaint the door and blend into the quarter. I said 'pass' and traded for a BMW Convertible, less $ and much better paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yesterday, I purchased a 2021 Honda According Touring 2.0 in the White Pearl and after bringing it home found a paint defect on the lower edge of the drivers door. Looks like a paint nib. At this point I'm going to leave it alone and not break factory paint. The car I purchased still had the plastic and protective coating from shipment, and had to be PDI'ed prior to my taking delivery. Not sure what is up with Ford (2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible) and now Honda with the paint issues. I purchased a 2021 2-Series BMW and so far, no paint issues. For the price of these cars $30k+++, you should not have to put a body shop paint job or 'live with it'. Maybe the manufacture and dealerships should have to live with not getting paid for the poor quality.

I have been really wanting the Accord Touring, was originally going to get a 2020, but the dealership had a 2021, in the White with Black interior; which is exactly what I wanted. I traded a 2020 Honda Insight in the Lunar Silver, and it did not have the issues with paint. Could it be the White paint and process ?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts