2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise what the TWO lights are for in the overhead panel? That panel has the two cabin lights and the emg. buttons for the Honda Link Service. One is the little light to the right of the "link" button. It is "green" most of the time, but often it is "red"... no idea the reason for changing color or why it is even lit. The other little light is beside the sun roof button. It seems to be lit most of the time. I have looked in the books and can not find any mention of them.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Pictures say it All

Can anyone advise what the TWO lights are for in the overhead panel? That panel has the two cabin lights and the emg. buttons for the Honda Link Service. One is the little light to the right of the "link" button. It is "green" most of the time, but often it is "red"... no idea the reason for changing color or why it is even lit. The other little light is beside the sun roof button. It seems to be lit most of the time. I have looked in the books and can not find any mention of them.

Pictures say it All

·
Registered
47 Posts
The red/green light tells you whether the Hondalink Assist feature is active, and has a connection. I believe it's through your phone, so it is essentially telling you when you have a phone connection

The white light is an ambient light, that lets you see the center console at night without the too-bright map lights on. It may not look like much, but try covering it to see what it does.

·
Administrator
2,552 Posts
Regarding the ambient lights I posted this previously...

If you have the owners manual look at page 222 "Ambient Lights" (I would do a screenshot and post it but I'm on my phone). That button is for the the ambient lights (the two little dots below that button). From the manual "When the parking lights are on, push the ambient light switch to turn the ambient lights on."

·
Registered
47 Posts
Regarding the ambient lights I posted this previously...
And that is about as helpful as the manual itself, which doesn't directly mention the lights the OP asked about.

Models with the moonroof have one ambient light, not two. And apparently no switch; its on all the time. The Hondalink Assist light was a guess, but based on it behavior it seems very likely.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts