2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the internet and looking at Bov for a 1.5t. And I didnt see any. Most were like fake ebay ones. Why is noone putting this on their hondas? Is it bad or they just dont have any? Thanks. Also. Is there any way to add more power to the 1.5t without changing the turbo and major upgrades? I saw a vortex performance chip for a good price. Is that worth it to put? Also is there a good exhaust to put that won't give me that loud burrrrrr sound like a 90s honda in the street? I like the low purr. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
For quick and easy power, look into Quantum Solenoid. I've heard good things about it. Their website says it's sold out, but I'd dig around with distributors to see what you could find.

As for the BOV, I didn't even bother swapping it out. I just put a Civic spacer on the stock BOV since the fitment is the same.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was on the internet and looking at Bov for a 1.5t. And I didnt see any. Most were like fake ebay ones. Why is noone putting this on their hondas? Is it bad or they just dont have any? Thanks. Also. Is there any way to add more power to the 1.5t without changing the turbo and major upgrades? I saw a vortex performance chip for a good price. Is that worth it to put? Also is there a good exhaust to put that won't give me that loud burrrrrr sound like a 90s honda in the street? I like the low purr. Thanks

i have one on mine by (boombaracing)

·
Registered
63 Posts

follow me on ig boostedxaccord

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have an intake on mine and the factory diverter valve sounds way better that the boomba bov. I have videos of it if anyone is interested.
That factory diverter valve is a piece of tin with a rubber diaphragm and a tin piston...that is going to fail you very soon if you are running any type of increased boost good sir... :geek:!

·
Registered
176 Posts
For quick and easy power, look into Quantum Solenoid. I've heard good things about it. Their website says it's sold out, but I'd dig around with distributors to see what you could find.

As for the BOV, I didn't even bother swapping it out. I just put a Civic spacer on the stock BOV since the fitment is the same.
Hey dude...that Quantum Solenoid is an established gimmick that they are trying to say is to replace your VTEC solenoid...not a way to go. Anything that modifies your lubrication system is not something you want to mess with unless you want Honda of America to laugh at you the moment your motor fails and they see it on there. Thanks and have a killer day!

·
Registered
63 Posts
When you say you have both recirculating and vent-to-atmosphere what do you mean Eddie?

I have two accords one with the blow off valve and the other with the billet reciculating valve.

Im running bolt ons on my car with a stage 2 tube sounds loud as **** but my exhaust over powers the noise

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have two accords one with the blow off valve and the other with the billet reciculating valve.

Im running bolt ons on my car with a stage 2 tube sounds loud as **** but my exhaust over powers the noise
So I must ask...who makes a direct-fit vent-to-atmosphere blow-off valve...as I did not know any even existed. Thank you sir!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an intake on mine and the factory diverter valve sounds way better that the boomba bov. I have videos of it if anyone is interested.
Yes. I’d love to see these videos. Just bought the bomba but annoyed that there isn’t an install guide for the accord.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts