2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2021 honda accord sport 2.0t
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to a nearby window tint place, and they are charging 255. I thought that could be a little pricey, So I checked somewhere else. They gave me 3 different prices and also 3 different options for tent which I didn't really know about. What do you all think is a good price for window tint?

· Registered
971 Posts
Really I think it depends more on the shop. Everyone seems to use good film. One shop quoted me $150 for just a tint strip at the top. I bought a "precut" tint strip piece (which I now have two of if anyone is interested), for $35. The mobile guy wanted $25 for one installed (vs $80 for entire front windshield). So imo if the company is selling pieces online and the guy quoted me around the same installed, ~$30 for a tint strip installed seems fair(and his prices in general are more fair). He said he used to have a shop for years and the expense wasn't worth it because most people wanted mobile install. So your also paying for the shops rent and other expenses at that point too. The guy knew his stuff, been doing it 20 years or so, and has a couple corporate clients as well. Also good quality can vary by region according to installer. He previously used Llumar he said but had tons of issues here and Arizona with the heat in those regions. He said there were many warranty claims and clarity issues so he switched films. Also reason why he said no one in hotter climate use 3m films. Not saying either company makes bad products, but some of it's regional from what I gathered on our conversation. Maybe the film I have doesn't do as well in colder climates, (don't really know enough about tinting just learned this past two weeks from research getting mine done).

· Administrator
2,882 Posts
Prices are subjective... depends on product you get/want/use and competitive prices in your locality. I would suggest first determine the product you want to use, then find a installer that has the highest rating for installing that product. I researched the product I wanted to use, then asked/checked w/friends & others (w/tinted windows) who did their installation and how they felt about product/install. In the end I picked LLumar Formula One Pinnacle Ceramic Tint from an installer that was highly recommended and paid $299.00. I had the darkest tint all around that my state would allow w/o a medical authorization.

· Registered
1954 ~ 1 Ton - Dual Truck with Lift Option & 19.5" Wheels & Bigger Brakes
1,068 Posts
I think it depends on what material they are using, what kind of material are you looking to get?
LET SEE - I have No Idea , I just Drive through at all Fast Food Places , Haaa , Really !

NOT just Materials , but the Prep and the Accuracy of Slices , Cleanliness of Installer ..

I got Best Ceramic that was available @ Time , sure One is able to get Gold Blended Tint , or some other
Fancy Blend Shading etc.

Just Straight Up Best Ceramic Heat Rejection Excellent
199.. Out the Door with Tax ~ No Sun Roof Done , No Windshield done with Zero or 5% . . Super Clean and Perfect Lines

· Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
I wish I could have found $225 around the Austin area. Looking for my wife's Accord prior to trading it in was every bit of $350 or more for a quality tint. Glad mine came with a real nice tint job from the previous owner.

· Registered
971 Posts
In the 90's F here recently. Having the front windshield done has made a tremendous difference in the heat coming into the vehicle. Am able to have the temp on the ac set 9-10deg F higher and be at the same comfort level. My gf even mentioned she was impressed. Very much worth having a high quality tint all the way around, (sort of have to here in vegas) but first time doing the front windshield. Will def do that on future vehicles. Looking forward to the copper tint for the house windows he was talking about. Should really help my energy bills and heat here.

· Registered
1 Posts
The price of tinting films can be completely different, depending on your chosen model. For example, I glued the first protection on glass for 80 bucks. But it turned out to be a terrible option, the tint was constantly peeling off, and it annoyed me. Then I decided to stick a new tint. I searched, chose for a long time, and consulted with my friend. He advised me to use window shades for my car's special tint attached to the magnets. It turned out to be a very good decision.

· Registered
4 Posts
Window tinting can add privacy, style, and comfort to your Honda Accord. The cost of window tinting for a Honda Accord can vary depending on factors such as the type of tint, the amount of tint, and the location of the tinting service. On average, the cost of window tinting for a Honda Accord can range from $100 to $400 or more.
In addition to the cost of window tinting, it's also important to consider the availability of the product. You want to make sure that you can get the exact type of tint that you want for your Honda Accord. One way to check product availability is to use a software tool such as Priceva. This software allows you to quickly check the availability of products across a range of stores and suppliers, making it easier to find the right window tint for your Honda Accord.
When it comes to window tinting, it's important to understand that the cost can vary depending on a number of factors. The type of film used, the size of the windows being tinted, and the location of the tinting shop can all impact the price.

The first thing to consider when shopping around for window tinting is the type of film that is being used. There are a variety of films available on the market, each with their own unique properties and benefits. Some films offer better heat rejection, while others provide greater UV protection. Some films are also more durable than others. It's important to understand the different options available and what each one offers in order to make an informed decision.

The size of the windows being tinted is another important factor to consider. Larger windows will require more film and more labor to install, which can drive up the cost. Additionally, if your vehicle has a lot of curved or irregularly shaped windows, this can also make the installation process more complex, which can also result in a higher cost.

It's also worth considering the location of the tinting shop. Prices can vary depending on the region of the country you're in, as well as the cost of living in the area. Some places may have a higher demand for window tinting services, which can drive up the cost.

To get a good price for window tinting, it's important to shop around and compare prices from different shops. However, it's also important to keep in mind that cheapest price is not always the best. The cheapest price may mean that the shop is using low-quality films or inexperienced technicians which could lead to more issues in the future. Make sure you're getting a good price, but also consider the quality of the film, the warranty and the reputation of the shop.

In summary, while it's important to find a good price, it's also important to consider the quality of the film, the warranty and the reputation of the shop when it comes to window tinting. A good rule of thumb is that a fair price for window tinting typically falls within the range of $200 to $400 for a standard passenger car, but prices can vary depending on the factors discussed above.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts