2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
Is there a limit on the rear windows where you're at? I always run the rears as dark as possible and I go one step below the "limit" up front because its hot af in Texas lol

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
Is there a limit on the rear windows where you're at? I always run the rears as dark as possible and I go one step below the "limit" up front because its hot af in Texas lol
Yes, there is a limit on all glass/windows... can go darker on rear windows (35%) than you can on the front driver/passenger door/windows (50%)
Rectangle Font Pattern Circle Magenta

· Registered
560 Posts
Yes, there is a limit on all glass/windows... can go darker on rear windows (35%) than you can on the front driver/passenger door/windows (50%)
Ahhh that kinda sucks. I guess with the heat down here we're a little more relaxed on percentages. I also just happen to think dark tint is a really simply way make a car look a whole lot cleaner.

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
Ahhh that kinda sucks. I guess with the heat down here we're a little more relaxed on percentages. I also just happen to think dark tint is a really simply way make a car look a whole lot cleaner.
Only caveat now is illegal tint can't be a primary reason for LEO to stop you. Also there is a medical waiver that can be obtained that allows 35% for front glass. I know some that have 35% on there front glass and some have complained that at night parking can be a challenge. I do agree that tint gives a better look to the car.

· Registered
560 Posts
Only caveat now is illegal tint can't be a primary reason for LEO to stop you. Also there is a medical waiver that can be obtained that allows 35% for front glass. I know some that have 35% on there front glass and some have complained that at night parking can be a challenge. I do agree that tint gives a better look to the car.
I can imagine they could find a million other reasons to call the primary reason with the tint being secondary still.

· Administrator
2,877 Posts

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
(y)

I lived in the Fort Hunt area from 76-83 - man, I really miss those days!
NoVa/DC/Md was a lot different back then. I have family in NoVa/DC/Md areas and used to visit often back during the times you lived there.... now not as often, traffic is a a royal PITA now. 😫

· Registered
560 Posts
Yea, true.... however w/the current climate and the hoops LEO have to go thru to justify a stop it will be something significant. Or... pure stupidity that gets one pulled over, such as Va. police seize 5 pounds of crack cocaine, 25 pounds of marijuana in I-95 DUI stop.
I mean, that many drugs and you're asking for trouble lol I've had zero trouble with cops since moving to Texas for any reason. NY was another story, I got pulled over more times than I even want to think about for every reason under the sun. My favorite was "you looked like you were going awfully fast back there." Never a problem with window tint though

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
I mean, that many drugs and you're asking for trouble lol I've had zero trouble with cops since moving to Texas for any reason. NY was another story, I got pulled over more times than I even want to think about for every reason under the sun. My favorite was "you looked like you were going awfully fast back there." Never a problem with window tint though
Not only the drugs but they were DUI & speeding... may as well had a sign on the car "pull me over I'm breaking the law"!!! Just goes to show you can't fix stupid.

· Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
562 Posts
I played little league football for the fort hunt .federals. I grew up and live in the route one Mount vernon area.
Cool Man!! :)

One of my FHHS classmates had these magnets made a bunch of years ago. I had to move to CA at the beginning of junior year (which really sucked but I ended up meeting my wife out here years later (who still puts up with me) in the end so... lol) so I never really graduated from there but spiritually, I still consider that my alma mater. IIRC we were the last class before they shut down and turned it into Carl Sandburg. I still regret not getting a letterman's jacket (for soccer, not football, I'm was too fragile for football lol).

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.