2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone know if the previous gen Accord 215/55/R17 rim will work on this vehicle as an option for snow tires?

Thanks,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: my Honda dealer is 99% positive that this will work since the 2018 Accord LX uses 17" rims with a similar tire size and says that 17" rims should work on the Sport. I guess the actual hub and brakes aren't significantly different (if at all) between the Sport and LX.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Where did you get the tire size? In the manual the two sizes are shown below. I was buying a 225/55R17 which seemed closer in size to the 19" Sport rim. Your 215/55R17 tire is virtually identical in diameter to the 19. Giving up almost an inch in width but you want a narrower tire in the winter.

Note - the indicated tire pressures are for high speed driving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the tires and rims second hand off the former owner of a 9th Gen Accord. I don't know what trim he drove, but he steel wheels are OEM Honda which was the winter look that I was going for rather than after-market alloys or black steelies. Hopefully they fit.

ALSO, does anyone know where to get a decent replica center cap? I don't want to pay $50 per for genuine Honda caps only to go on my winter rims at the same time I dont want to waste my money on cheap ass ones that will break when I try to install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts