2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
I had no idea that some dealerships even offer aftermarket tunes. If that's the case then there is probably less to worry about with Honda. Also I think Honda sort of anticipates owners trying to push the most they can out of the Type R, it's certainly a car made for driving enthusiasts. Glad to hear you've never had issues and I don't see any new problems arising with the FK8.
They will even install aftermarket parts but that is completely separate from normal warrantied work. I find that in places without too many reliable independent shops often have dealers that will do this. As with most businesses, they won't turn down your money.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I suppose its safe to assume that getting a dealership to do aftermarket tuning such as this, that's it's likely to be more expensive than at an independent shop? I remember taking in an Altima to have a cat back exhaust system installed at a dealer and was shocked at the price/ labor cost. And how do they determine what is and what isn't included under factory warranty work?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I suppose its safe to assume that getting a dealership to do aftermarket tuning such as this, that's it's likely to be more expensive than at an independent shop? I remember taking in an Altima to have a cat back exhaust system installed at a dealer and was shocked at the price/ labor cost. And how do they determine what is and what isn't included under factory warranty work?
Overall, pretty much the engine/engine components/internals and transmission. It doesn't cover any wear and tear parts like brake pads, wipers, oil filters, air filters, etc. and Bump to bumper just covers everything else from electrical to suspension parts.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dealerships are actually willing to install aftermarket parts and tunes? Always thought they stuck with factory parts only so it doesn't mess with the factory warranty.
Most cases it's cheaper at independent garages, but you need to make sure they do a good job and are trustworthy.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I don't think its something they do on a regular basis, but with a good relationship comes added bonuses. I'd probably feel a lot more comfortable having the tune done at a dealership, as obviously they are the best people equipped to makes changes to the ECU. I know there are a few owners on here who already had the flashpro installed in their car, I'm curious if it was done a private shop or dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love the Accord and what Honda has done with this engine!

Has anyone actually installed the Hondata Stage 2? Would love to see a video showcasing the increased 0-60 or 1/4 mile times!

My Hondata is ready![/QUOTE]

·
Registered
242 Posts
I love the Accord and what Honda has done with this engine!

Has anyone actually installed the Hondata Stage 2? Would love to see a video showcasing the increased 0-60 or 1/4 mile times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyDhJtapFXQ

My Hondata is ready!
[/QUOTE]

I just wish they did more to the drivetrain to make this a sportier Accord. They treated us well to the new design but improvements are needed elsewhere.

·
Registered
318 Posts
What additional changes would you like them to make? Its already available in a manual gearbox, which I believe has an overdrive (pretty rare). If they hadn't discontinued the coupe, we probably would have seen a RWD option there. I don't believe the Accord comes with an LSD does it?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
What additional changes would you like them to make? Its already available in a manual gearbox, which I believe has an overdrive (pretty rare). If they hadn't discontinued the coupe, we probably would have seen a RWD option there. I don't believe the Accord comes with an LSD does it?
No LSD.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My base line was 276 / 295

Stage 2 is 301 / 348

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just found this on Hondata's facebook page. It's almost a month old but I'm just going to put this here to spread the news out if anyone is looking into Hondata tunes in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVr7eEsPt-8

I mean a base line of 265HP/300TQ! That is quick. And Honda claims 252HP/273lb-ft.

I like to thank Hondata for the dyno run. I knew something wasn't right about this car. It felt a lot faster.
which dyno did you put your car on??

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just found this on Hondata's facebook page. It's almost a month old but I'm just going to put this here to spread the news out if anyone is looking into Hondata tunes in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVr7eEsPt-8

I mean a base line of 265HP/300TQ! That is quick. And Honda claims 252HP/273lb-ft.

I like to thank Hondata for the dyno run. I knew something wasn't right about this car. It felt a lot faster.
Fyi Church dyno where Hondata dynos all there cars is about 15-20% high. They even admit it. Don’t expect those numbers on any other dyno. If you feel the need then join the #15percentclub and add 15% to any of your dyno numbers. Sorry if i break any of your hearts with this information!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Fyi Church dyno where Hondata dynos all there cars is about 15-20% high. They even admit it. Don’t expect those numbers on any other dyno. If you feel the need then join the #15percentclub and add 15% to any of your dyno numbers. Sorry if i break any of your hearts with this information!
Yes, I know they read much higher. If you check my other thread for dyno results with stage 3. It put out 231 whp stock and 265 whp with stg 3 on a Dyno Dynamics, which reads as low as a mustang dyno.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, I know they read much higher. If you check my other thread for dyno results with stage 3. It put out 231 whp stock and 265 whp with stg 3 on a Dyno Dynamics, which reads as low as a mustang dyno.
Wow Really, Dang KTuner currently has better gains using less boost with their Stage 2.... We all know less boost means more longevity..... I'm curious to see what your AFR and Knock Control is at... Something doesn't sound just right..... Thank you for replying and the feedback

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Wow Really, Dang KTuner currently has better gains using less boost with their Stage 2.... We all know less boost means more longevity..... I'm curious to see what your AFR and Knock Control is at... Something doesn't sound just right..... Thank you for replying and the feedback

Not sure how KTuner gets 250whp with a stock dyno. That is really close to its base horsepower of 252. But with a stage 2 they claim it increases by 27whp. I believe they use Church Dyno at Innovative Motorsports to get these figures.

If they claim 27whp but the Church Dyno reads base horsepower... then 27whp shouldve been 27bhp. Correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not sure how KTuner gets 250whp with a stock dyno. That is really close to its base horsepower of 252. But with a stage 2 they claim it increases by 27whp. I believe they use Church Dyno at Innovative Motorsports to get these figures.

If they claim 27whp but the Church Dyno reads base horsepower... then 27whp shouldve been 27bhp. Correct me if I am wrong.
https://ktuner.com/18accord2l/ Not sure want your talking about bhp and whp and Church's Dyno and the one used at Innovative Motorsports, but here is what I found.....looks like the one at Innovative Motorsports is pretty accurate to Honda's numbers. It's actually 60hp gains with 27hp peak to peak with KTuner Stage 2

·
Registered
29 Posts

https://www.hondata.com/flashpro-2018-accord Here is what I found on hondata's page for their Stage 2. They claim 50hp and 22hp peak to peak while running a little over 20psi compared to KTuner's Stage 2 at 19psi 60hp and 27hp peak to peak

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
https://www.hondata.com/flashpro-2018-accord Here is what I found on hondata's page for their Stage 2. They claim 50hp and 22hp peak to peak while running a little over 20psi compared to KTuner's Stage 2 at 19psi 60hp and 27hp peak to peak

Visit my thread for some real WHP on Hondata. http://www.accordxclub.com/forum/108-turbo-tuning/878-stage-3-dyno-tune.html. If you look at my dyno sheets. I am gaining near 32WHP and 91WTQ on 93 Octane with Stage 3. With 91, probably slightly lower.

Now I am waiting to see if someone can dyno their KTuner post it up. It would be interesting to see.

21 - 40 of 98 Posts