2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Quick update:

I ended up cutting open the lines that came with the PRL FLEX FUEL KIT unfortunately i have positive findings of line degrading below is a picture for reference.
Finger Thumb Wood Nail Font

·
Administrator
2,658 Posts
@eddie c thanks for the updates and sharing photos of your findings. Thinking out loud with the degradation you've found could it be possible that fuel filter is clogged or possible (hopefully not) something got past the filter and has clogged an injector?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
@Fired00d i hope that is not the case but now i have to move forward by buying a new HPFP & the feed line. Since these pumps can not be taken apart forcefully i have to buy a new one & hope the debris/particles did not get into the fuel rail and injectors.

·
Administrator
2,658 Posts
@Fired00d i hope that is not the case but now i have to move forward by buying a new HPFP & the feed line. Since these pumps can not be taken apart forcefully i have to buy a new one & hope the debris/particles did not get into the fuel rail and injectors.
Good luck... keep us informed. Have you reached out to PRL regarding your issues? With them already identifying an issue I would think they would be interested in what you find as the cause of yours, and possible assist ($$$) in the remediation.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Good luck... keep us informed. Have you reached out to PRL regarding your issues? With them already identifying an issue I would think they would be interested in what you find as the cause of yours, and possible assist ($$$) in the remediation.
I actually did email them but im still waiting to receive a reply from them.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
459 Posts
Tough luck on the lines, kinda the gamble you take on E85 though. Hopefully somebody gets back to you on something about some new lines and that solves your problems

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I know sucks that i was part of that bad batch. I already have upgraded lines for my flex fuel kit installed went ahead and got a fuel system cleaner hopefully it dissolves the debris and unclogs it instead of spending $600 on a new fuel pump. PRL also replied back to my email stating that they can provide me with new lines. I assume that’s the only thing they can do 😒🤷🏻‍♂️
Bottle Product Fluid Nail Drink

Font Screenshot Number Parallel Document

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Any luck with the gumout?
impressed tbh i dropped a whole bottle for first treatment & it cleaned out a lot of gunk. I actually confirmed this by removing my old spark plugs and shinning light down to see the top of the pistons, they are crispy clean compared to how they were. In terms of unclogging the fuel issue it worked but i feel like i need to do a second treatment just to make sure it gets rid of everything.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
459 Posts
impressed tbh i dropped a whole bottle for first treatment & it cleaned out a lot of gunk. I actually confirmed this by removing my old spark plugs and shinning light down to see the top of the pistons, they are crispy clean compared to how they were. In terms of unclogging the fuel issue it worked but i feel like i need to do a second treatment just to make sure it gets rid of everything.
That's awesome. I've never used gumout products but thats a promising review on top of it helping your issue. Hopefully you can avoid a pump replacement and have better luck with new lines.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I was skeptical at first about using gumout but i kept researching about it & reading peoples reviews. It contains an “additive” that many don’t have: PEA (polyether-amine) nitrogen-based detergent shell Nitro+ also contains PEA.

·
Administrator
2,658 Posts
I was skeptical at first about using gumout but i kept researching about it & reading peoples reviews. It contains an “additive” that many don’t have: PEA (polyether-amine) nitrogen-based detergent shell Nitro+ also contains PEA.
As a fan of Shell Nitro+ thats really interesting. good to know
That is good info to know as I prefer Shell too. (y)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Final update:
Replaced the direct injection fuel pump found debris inside the old fuel pump and feed line. Exhausted all solutions along with the fuel treatment but unfortunately i had to replace the pump as there was excessive debris from the line.
Hood Light Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

Motor vehicle White Automotive design Grey Automotive lighting

Automotive design Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Metal

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
192 Posts
Sorry to hear about that bro, you have to pay to play sadly. Did it stop dropping pressure after the new pump?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I got to comfortable lol issue is back with the same code. So now i know for sure it got past the fuel pump and into the fuel rail / injectors 🥴

21 - 40 of 47 Posts