2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Those speakers would be a downgrade in some ways as they are coaxial where the factory speakers are components. And your still limited by the stock HU to power the speakers. If your just wanting to improve the sound a little I would add sound deadening to the doors and rear deck, replace the factory speakers with a good quality component set up front and coaxial in back, and add the Alpine Power Pack amp. It can technically be powered from a 15amp fuse in the fuse box to make installing easy but I would recommend running a power wire to the battery.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was just curious about them because they said direct fit and came with connectors. I came across them looking at the Alpine under seat sub. Not really looking to do the audio in this car based on the information I have read from the forums, especially with a hybrid. I turned off the eq and loudness and it made a big improvement. It's really not that bad just thump.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I was just curious about them because they said direct fit and came with connectors. I came across them looking at the Alpine under seat sub. Not really looking to do the audio in this car based on the information I have read from the forums.
They are a direct fit because of the included brackets and plug adapters. Speaker units have nothing to do with that statement.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Gotcha. Any thoughts on these for a base hybrid....
Would you be putting these in the doors? If so I think you need to be looking at a component set where the lower speaker has no tweeter attached and then mount the included tweeter where your stock tweeter is located. You will get better bass response from a component than a two way or three way like you linked. Also the stock tweeters are almost non existent so the tweeter that comes with the components will be a big upgrade. But I really think your going to be disappointed with the sound by just swapping the speakers because the head unit just doesn’t have enough power to make them sing. Even Salle2061 didn’t like the sound when he swapped the speakers without an amp because there not enough power to drive them to there potential.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes the front door speakers. There is no stock tweeter on my vehicle.
Edit: let me rephrase they are not on the upper door panel they are built into the lower door speakers. Also these are 3ohms

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
3 way coaxial speakers, like these, are more of a marketing gimmick than an improvement on how they perform. Just go with the two way version.

For the fronts you will want to go with components as suggested by Ricky Bobby

these particular JBL speakers share the same woofer design/material as the Infinity’s I have put in and without an external amp I can tell you you will have less bass. They will improve the overall SQ with more dominant mids. Not sure what to expect from a tweeter on these, it’s different from the ones I have.

From my experience so far with the built in amp you are best staying with OEM speakers or replace all.

Also are you sure there is no tweeter in the bottom of your A-pillar covered with a mesh grill? I thought Accords have 6, 8, 10 speaker system's. What you are describing is a 4 speaker system.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Correct base hybrid is a 160w 4 speaker system.

I figured as much about them being a gimmick since everything is coming from the same place anyways.
I guess I'm just leaving it stock. That Alpine sub is not worth the money. If someone comes up with a way to easily do an 8" with a small dsp amp like that Kicker one would probably pull the trigger on that. Thanks for all the help you guys.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Huh! 4 speaker system, Learn something new every day :)

The only way an upgrade MIGHT work is if the new speakers are very efficient and cone material is made from super light weight such as paper. Hertz Uno series is the only one that stands out on Crutchfield with 93.5db sensitivity and the cone is treated paper. THIS IS NOT A RECOMMENDATION as I have never tried them before but the math of it could work. They have a 6 3/4 size which fits in my car.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hertz makes excellent speakers. My last car was between Hertz and Focal. I went with the Focal, but still they are good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think replacing at least two front tweeters if you have the 10 speaker system is 100% worth it, stock tweeters sound dead. If I could start over I would have done just the tweeters and not messed with the door panel

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I think replacing at least two front tweeters if you have the 10 speaker system is 100% worth it, stock tweeters sound dead. If I could start over I would have done just the tweeters and not messed with the door panel
100% right! The aluminum dome tweeters in the 10-speaker system are a little cold/harsh. Also, voices are a drowned out by the piercing highs. Female vocals are really under represented. They are great if you listen to electronic music :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have old Polk db650's from my 98 Civic, anyone know if these can be installed in any of the 2018+ Accords?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
If yo
I have old Polk db650's from my 98 Civic, anyone know if these can be installed in any of the 2018+ Accords?
if I go to these speakers on crutchfield It states that it does not fit my Honda. Which is odd as they are 6.5 inch. Give it a try with your exact package level. Link below

·
Registered
136 Posts
If yo

if I go to these speakers on crutchfield It states that it does not fit my Honda. Which is odd as they are 6.5 inch. Give it a try with your exact package level. Link below

That's what I was seeing as well! Swore they were just 6.5's, maybe speakers today are lower profile? These are stupidly old, yet really good speakers lol

I do not actually own the car yet ^^

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
That's what I was seeing as well! Swore they were just 6.5's, maybe speakers today are lower profile? These are stupidly old, yet really good speakers lol

I do not actually own the car yet ^^
Than just buy the car that fits those speakers :)

BTW, the depth is not an issue as the window does not roll that far down. 2.5inch is what I have

·
Registered
80 Posts
Correct base hybrid is a 160w 4 speaker system. View attachment 4170
I figured as much about them being a gimmick since everything is coming from the same place anyways.
I guess I'm just leaving it stock. That Alpine sub is not worth the money. If someone comes up with a way to easily do an 8" with a small dsp amp like that Kicker one would probably pull the trigger on that. Thanks for all the help you guys.
If I was you I would buy the component set for the front and use the supplied attachments and mount the tweeters in that sail panel. Just go to Lowe’s and get a hole saw for your drill and your done. The JBL comes with everything you need to mount them and cover them. You can see below all the included attachments.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I already have that type of drill bit actually. Think I'm going to leave it alone for now. What it really needs is bass and until it can be figured out how to install a sub like the Alpine psu300 but that sounds good, or I find one of those for like $400. I can get that small Kicker amp with DSP, and a nice 8inch sub with that other harness for around $400. I'm hoping both will fit under the passenger seat. That amp will fit behind the glovebox too, but with the heat here in the summer I'm not sure that is the best idea. Im also really hesitant about adding extra wires or splicing anything with the hybrid.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts