2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure if this is of any value to anyone, but on the stock headunit on the accord sport, clipping begins at 24 according to o-scope. Not great for driving my Focal ISS 165's but certainly better than stock.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think replacing at least two front tweeters if you have the 10 speaker system is 100% worth it, stock tweeters sound dead. If I could start over I would have done just the tweeters and not messed with the door panel
i have the 10 speaker touring... i'm interested in this. Any recommendation for a direct replacement tweeter for fronts?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
i have the 10 speaker touring... i'm interested in this. Any recommendation for a direct replacement tweeter for fronts?
Front Tweeters are easy to replace. Any speaker that is an inch or smaller will fit. If I remember correctly stock tweeter is 1 1/8 size. Some hot glue to hold it in place and you are done.

BTW you don’t even need an xOver as the factory amp is already crossed at about ~3500hz. Just make sure the tweeter you choose can go down to 3500hz as some go down to only 5000. At which point you could be destroying the tweeter

·
Registered
19 Posts
Front Tweeters are easy to replace. Any speaker that is an inch or smaller will fit. If I remember correctly stock tweeter is 1 1/8 size. Some hot glue to hold it in place and you are done.

BTW you don’t even need an xOver as the factory amp is already crossed at about ~3500hz. Just make sure the tweeter you choose can go down to 3500hz as some go down to only 5000. At which point you could be destroying the tweeter
Thanks..thinking about just doing front tweeters and a sub in trunk

·
Registered
19 Posts

what do you think about these? Also 6ohm?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
what do you think about these? Also 6ohm?

Not really familiar with their sound characteristics but Type S line has always been a decent bang for the buck. Also, silk will have a much softer sound than the metal dome stock tweets. So expect a better vocal blend but less dynamics. It really depends on what you listen to, as always.

Install wize, they play down to 1000hz so you will be fine to use them without supplied x-over. Size is good too at 1.5-inch diameter they will just fit in the stock housing. 6 ohms is less than the stock 4 ohms so less power. However they are tweeters and don’t need much.

I tried the silk tweeter from Infinity originally(see link below). That is the comparison I was using to give you the sound characteristics above.
They have lower resistance at 3 ohms and are 5db more efficient than the Alpines above. 5db is a substantial increase (~25% louder) and, at 3ohm, you will get everything the amp can give you. It's hard to quantify sound by numbers but it is "very likely" Infinities will be louder than the Type-S. I would not worry about this is you are planing to amplify them seperately but with the stock amp it will likely make an audiable difference.

I did end up going with older JBL titanium dome tweeters at the end but that is just my preference.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts